Search Unity

Question Unity Services : Ads restriction by age

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by alexandra291, Apr 22, 2023.

1. alexandra291

alexandra291

Hello,

is there a way to change type of ads depending on the player age? For example when the player will say they have less then 13, the ads targeted to kids will be only shown. But if it is older person, then all the ads will be shown. Can I do it somehow with Google Services, in Unity via script?

Thanks

2. aylin_unity3d

aylin_unity3d

Unity Technologies

Hi @alexandra291 Yes you can do it. Please read this and send unityads the COPPA status of each user to Unity by implementing the nonbehavioral metadata API.

3. ValerioSevilla

ValerioSevilla

Hi,
    Is there any way to check whether or not this is behaving properly? I implemented the user-level age designation and used the nonbehavioral metadata API as explained in that document. However, I keep receiving real ads in my test device regardless of the user age (and hence, the value I pass to the API), which to me suggests it is not working fine. In fact, I once saw a test ad while testing this, but could not identify why.

Another related question - must setting the metadata be done before initializing Unity Ads? After? Or it doesn't matter? I'm asking this because in my case it may happen several times for the same app execution - when the user changes the birthdate, so then I try to adjust the API according to the user's age.