Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Serializer (Free): Save Game System v2 with JSON support + lots more

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by whydoidoit, Nov 17, 2012.

1. whydoidoit

whydoidoit

UnitySerializer is a full level serialisation plug in. It enables you to save the progress of a game and restore it at some point in the future. It does this with minimal impact on the design of your game and requires minimal modification to your behaviours and classes. The package also contains a “room” manager that helps you save the states of scenes that the player has left and subsequently re-enters.

In addition Unity Serializer will save your own objects and classes, including complex collections of objects, just about anything with a parameterless constructor - to either a compressed binary format or a JSON string!

Version 1.x is already used by 1000s of developers, version 2 brings these incredible new features:

• JSON support
    • Save any object, even unprepared ones
    • Powerful API to load and save object trees

Always 100% Free
    Get Unity Serializer Now!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. whydoidoit

whydoidoit

With added features for upload/download to servers.

3. Tapgames

Tapgames

So when a user saves there game on a iPad it can be uploaded to your server? And the user can resume the game on there iPhone by checking if there is a save game just like iCloud? Right?

4. whydoidoit

whydoidoit

Yes that would work.

5. Rico21745

Rico21745

Just wanted to pop in and recommend this asset to people. It's a great tool!

6. shaderx

shaderx

this looks amazing, does it work across multiple scenes?

7. whydoidoit

whydoidoit

Oh yes, should be fine on any number of scenes. It also handles the concept of "Rooms" where it can save the state of a scene as you leave and restore it when you return. Good for puzzle games etc...

8. shaderx

shaderx

what i meant is if i load a savedgame that was saved in a different scene than the current one, would it switch to that scene ?

9. whydoidoit

whydoidoit

Yes it loads the scene if you have a complete level save - you can also load objects into scenes - up to you...

10. mplaczek

mplaczek

Hi,
    This looks like an extremely useful asset! I'm at the planning stage of a new app in Unity for iOS and doing a little research before I start coding. I plan to use iCloud for data persistence and sharing between devices. The app data would be held in one or more child game objects under a game manager in the form of generic lists. I assume there would be no reason why unity serializer would not be able to package it all up nice and neatly in a format that would be problem free for iCloud integration? It all seems too good to be true!

11. V0odo0

V0odo0

Thank you for free and great tool! It saves me a lot of time.

12. Rheeenz!

Rheeenz!

Hi whydoidoit , this works perfectly if the application will not exit but is this possible that even if I exit my application (with a loaded scene) I can load my loaded scene?

13. im

im

very nice asset thanks!

14. rajavamsidhar_gvs

rajavamsidhar_gvs

Hey i have a doubt with your Package, Where do my saved games or scenes gets stored on my computer?

15. rahuxx

rahuxx

Where to download?
    The website is not working I think?

16. Baxter900

Baxter900