Search Unity

Unity seizes... but the build is OK!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by meshpig, Mar 18, 2008.

1. meshpig

meshpig

Hi

What might the problem be if Unity is locking up all the time? At least in a series of scenes but not in the demo scenes.

I have compressed the textures, refreshed the trees; could it be some old scripts from 1.6?

The builds are fine, but even with a very lean project folder it dies too often.

I managed a screen shot just before it seized... could it be my keyboard/ mouse?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

m

Attached Files:

2. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I ran into a similar problem a while back but mine was pretty easy to isolate, I had some critical errors in one of my scripts. The stand alone ran it fine even with the script errors (it just ignored that script) but it caused the editor to lock up.

I can't be sure what your problem may be, but I suspect it may be an issue with one of your resources, perhaps one of your scripts. Are you getting no error messages at all in the console?

3. meshpig

meshpig

Well, now you say that. I did have a constant error message at one point but it was indecipherable. Looked like it referred to pre mono behaviors or something?

OK, so i've inherited that and passed it on to all the subsequent scenes.

I also use Apple zoom a lot, I find with Leopard it jams up too and you have to relaunch finder. Maybe that doesn't help either?

-Thanks for your help.

m :)

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I'm still using Tiger FWIW...

5. meshpig

meshpig

Yeah, Leopard meant upgrading $$ apps sooner rather than later.

It's still doing it.

m :?

6. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I would file a bug report and send them the project folder. Maybe UT will have some insights as to what's going wrong...

7. meshpig

meshpig

Did that but it's a bit lame both because there's nothing left to report (it's a totally fatal seizure) and a sometimes but not always kind of thing.

Grrrr!

m

8. meshpig

meshpig

It's an Apple problem. Nothing to do with Unity after all.

m