Search Unity

Unity seems to crash randomly

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rob-Reijnen, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Rob-Reijnen

Rob-Reijnen

Hi All,

I have this problem for a while now. I uploaded my project to unity but I did not receive any support.
    My unity project is crashing randomly. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm in the editor, in the editor playing or playing a stand alone Windows, Android or iOS build. They all crash eventually.

Sometimes the game or editor will last for an hour, sometimes it will for 10 minutes. It's pretty nerve wrecking when I'm demonstrating the game to one of my clients. But I cannot get a lead on how to trace this one down.

2. mikael_juhala

mikael_juhala

Have you checked the logs yet? Xcode, logcat, or editor logs?

3. Rob-Reijnen

Rob-Reijnen

Yes well I'm not really the xcode guru. And I cannot check the editor log since unity completely crashes. So it could be me, but I really don`t know where to look..

4. mikael_juhala

mikael_juhala

Next time the editor crashes, check the log file. This page has the file locations: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

It might not tell exactly what is wrong, but could be used e.g. to pinpoint the problem to a 3rd-party plugin. Are you using any plugins?

5. xandeck

xandeck

I have the same problem here. I even thought it could be something with Animation (I could reproduce trying to call a new animation). But looks like it just crashes randomly too. The problem for me (as the OP) is that Unity does not tell me what it is... no good info in the logs. Nothing... I have a custom log made by myself (nothing fancy), but in there everything is right... Unity just crashes some times. Is there any other way for me to check any other kind of log or something that can tell me what is causing the crashes?

6. NoScopingDude

NoScopingDude

Hello, I am not sure if this is still relevant, but my did it too, I found the error(for my problem at least). I had my unity projects in a OneDrive folder, I think it crashes because OneDrive keeps accessing all files to keep sync. Mine doesnt crash anymore, I just disable OneDrive when I use Unity.