Search Unity

Unity Scene View Problems

Discussion in '2D' started by boeggles, May 24, 2015.

1. boeggles

boeggles

OK this problem has been bugging me for days. I can't figure out how to fix this goddamned issue.

So, I have created a gameobject player. It has several animations. When I run the game, it does what it's supposed to do, it runs around and all that jazz.

However, I can't see it in the scene view. I literally have to highlight it using the drag drop square thing just to get it and modify its parameters.

I know it's not layering issues since that's the first thing I checked. It's a prefab was proper animations included.

Do I have to give it an avatar or something so that it is viewed in scene view? I can't be sure it's a glitch. I've tried new projects, restarting computer and all that. I have the same issue still.

How am I supposed to make meaningful progress if I can't see anything in the scene view?

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Click on the object in the hierarchy and press the F key while the mouse is in the scene view to focus on that object.

--Eric

3. boeggles

boeggles

Thanks but I still can't see it. Not very useful when I'm going to be working with many different tile sets. I want to see it no matter where I'm looking in the scene.

4. larku

larku

Is it possible that you have a backface cull shader in use and it facing the wrong way?

5. boeggles

boeggles

http://imgur.com/a/dPsat

This is what I see. And I didn't do anything with a backface cull editor. IDK what that is.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

First image shows None (sprite) in the sprite renderer
    Second image shows chinese_f3_1

7. ColossalPaul

ColossalPaul

Unity Technologies

That is most likely explanation.

8. boeggles

boeggles

Hey wow. I am an idiot. Thanks you guys. I didn't realize I had to manually set a sprite for the Scene View. Seemed way counter intuitive.