Search Unity

Unity scene gets bigger in size without a reason (>100mb)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by skinwalker, Nov 20, 2018.

1. skinwalker

skinwalker

Hello,

This has happened a couple of times and the issue solved itself twice in the past after a couple of months, but I didn't realize what is causing it or what solved it.

I post daily backups on github and if something gets bigger than 100mb, it wont let me push without using LFS. My scenes are usually 5-10mb max and one of them got up to 130mbs today. The only thing I've done today was working on the canvas in that scene and then I applied the prefab to sync it with the other scenes. I'm already paying for LFS, but the main problem is that it's slow when I save a scene as big as that (takes 30 seconds) + I may have to pay for more storage soon.

Anyone has an idea what's causing this and how it could be fixed? Im using Unity 2017.3.1.

EDIT : Figured out it's an issue with an asset and contacted the creator.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  2. My only idea is to investigate:
    You have your scene, you can run diff on the before and the after and probably can find out what have been added/recreated in the change.

skinwalker likes this.
  3. skinwalker

skinwalker

I just figured out it's caused by an asset (Vertexmotion) and contacted the creator, hopefully will get a fix.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.