Search Unity

Unity Say I'm getting charged full price for Pro When I signed up for 40% discount?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bioticste, Mar 5, 2017.

1. bioticste

bioticste

Hi everyone,

I received an email this morning saying that Unity would take the full monthly subscription price for Unity Pro 2017 on 4th April 2017. I received an email in late 2016 which said that if I followed the instructions I could change my Unity 5 Pro into the new subscription based Unity Pro with a 40% discount for the first year and ownership after 2 years. I followed the instructions and expected to receive the 40% discount in April. I just checked my Unity account and the price listed is the full price. I really hope this is a mistake which Unity can fix and they are not increasing the subscription fee. Has anyone else had this problem or am I just the unlucky victim? :)

Ste

2. Metron

Metron

Well... at least you got such an offer...

3. Manaburn

Manaburn

Just had the exact same error. No promised discount from offer email signup, not even in the correct currency.

Maybe we're just both "unlucky".

4. Oscar-P

Oscar-P

Administrator

Hi Manaburn.

I've checked your account in our system and I can confirm that your initial payment will be the discounted rate.

I'm unsure of what may be causing the incorrect currency issue at this time. The checkout process initially asks the user what currency they will be charged in. If you chose a different currency to the one that is shown on your account. You can send a message to support@unity3d.com and we'll help as best as we can.

5. Oscar-P

Oscar-P

Administrator

Hi bioticste.

Oscar from Unity Support here.

I have had a look into your account and can confirm to you that the license is free up until April. At that point you will be charged the discounted rate of 40%

I hope this clears things up. If you have any further problems please contact us through

support@unity3d.com