Search Unity

Unity,s top taskbar?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tukor, Jan 5, 2017.

1. tukor

tukor

Hi there! i just installed Unity, and there is a thing that annoys me. Its the BIG white top bar with the logo of Unity and the name of the proyect and such; and in a second line the menu (file, edit, assets....)

Is there a way to costumize it; to remove the first line, or to change the color please?

Thank you in advance

2. idurvesh

idurvesh

There is option in Windows OS to change aero bar...It could help

3. tukor

tukor

Not working, but thank you anyway :D

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Try F11?

5. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

That's typical for programs in Windows. Most have the bar you can customize the color of (with the minimize, maximize, close buttons on it), and below that is the white bar with function buttons. This is a very common layout in Windows, however some programs do take use of the top bar (such as Chrome).

If you're on Windows 10, go to Settings > Personalization > Colors. Pick a color and make sure to check "Show color on Title bar".

On most versions of Windows you can right-click the desktop, Personalize and the color settings are there. However, this is more of a Windows question and not a Unity question :)

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

@DroidifyDevs I thinkg it's the size of the bar that upsets the poster, not it's colour. ;)

7. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

It's standard though... I'm pretty sure you can't change the size. And it's not like it's even that big...

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

It doesn't seem big to me either but it might depend on the resulution of the screen; the smaller the resolution, the larger the menu bars.

9. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

On a small screen, one of the best things to do is to hide the taskbar. Might be a bit annoying, but it saves a lot of space on laptops.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

As far as I know there is no way to hide the task bar, the title bar or the menu bar on Unity.

11. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

You can hide the taskbar by right-clicking the taskbar > settings > Automatically hide the taskbar in Desktop mode. But that's more about Windows, not Unity itself.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

We're talking about Unity here, not Windows. :)

13. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Yeah I thought so too... I was confused as to why OP was talking about "the BIG white top bar with the logo of Unity and the name of the proyect and such; and in a second line the menu (file, edit, assets....)", which are standard. Unity has nothing to do with the title bar or the menu bar, and unfortunately very few programs actually use the title bar (I've seen only Chrome and Unreal use it). It is a 1/4 inch waste of space, and on small devices it's annoying.

Note that Unreal actually uses it for something useful (showing tabs to other windows):
    UnrealTopBar.PNG

While Unity just displays the project name and some stats:
    UnityTopBar.PNG

Something for the developers at UT to think about when they get around to updating the UI.

14. tukor

tukor

Hey there; thank you for the help!!
    sorry if i did not explained the thing very well... my english is not enough fluid heh

Yes i was talking about the main bar (the last Droidi,s screenshot)
    I cant event change its color from windows; already tryied that (so at least its not white) and i get other progams changed but not Unity.

So i understand that it cant be done.

Again, Thank you a lot for your time!!!!!!

15. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Well, you see it can be done as mine is blue.

Here's my settings:

WindowsColors.PNG

16. d36u92

d36u92

Hey i know the thread is a bit old but i didnt find a solution. So look at this

Unity Black but the menu bar with the actions File edit etc. are white ...

My complete windows is black

But unitys black theme are have a white menubar. Have anyone a solution for that? :)

h-rlpl, chantey and RoyBarina like this.
  17. Ace7777

Ace7777

This is super annoying on an OLED screen. pls fix.

18. Developer_Luke

Developer_Luke

Please Fix

h-rlpl likes this.
  19. praveenkrishna

praveenkrishna

In windows go to personalization -> Colors And enable Title bars and window borders. now you will see all the title bars and window borders including unity editor changed to a different color, you can change the color by pick up them in windows Colors section.For me it's an temporary solution to save my eyes from burning :).

Attached Files:

• c.png
      c.png
      File size:
      4.2 KB
      Views:
    • Cm.png
      Cm.png
      File size:
      167.3 KB
      Views:
    • cp.png
      cp.png
      File size:
      4.8 KB
      Views:
  20. SkepticDude

SkepticDude

What about linux in KDE version? I am having same issue. I am really confuse which color to change because there are like hundreds of them in setting and my title bar is already black. Help!