Search Unity

Unity RTS Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OussamaB, Feb 7, 2017.

1. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi Everyone
    Today Sunday 27th of June, I am joined by SoumiDelRio & playing with RTS Engine v2 on my live stream

https://www.twitch.tv/TheMessyCoder
    10 pm UK
    2 pm PT
    4 pm CT
    5 pm ET

digiross likes this.
  2. Ravil_R

Ravil_R

Hello, I am having trouble making multiplayer function following directions in the documentation using rts_engine provided assets/demo scene.

Steps to recreate problem:
    1 - Import RTS_Engine(1.5.9) from Asset Store
    2 - Import Mirror from Asset Store
    3 - Add “RTSENGINE_MIRROR” to configurations
    4 - Download & import RTS Engine Mirror Integration Package @ http://soumidelrio.com/docs/unity-rts-engine/multiplayer-mirror/ Mirror(40.0.9)
    5 - At the next step in the RTS ENGINE, I should have a multiplayer menu, but there is no one. There is only a singleplayer. Maybe I'm doing something wrong ? Could you record a video or explain in detail.
    6 - After installing mirror, the game does not start in unity and errors appear.

Attached Files:

3. MegaCo

MegaCo

How do I Build more than 6 Houses? I haven't limited it in the faction type so I should be able to build as many as I like.

Is there a way to have sub tasks panels? like civilian building in its own panels and military in its own. Instead of all buildings being on the same panel.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  4. InglewoodTechnology

InglewoodTechnology

Howdy;

I would like to iterate quickly on a lot of faction/unit/building data, and don't want to go through the editor/inspector. I would prefer to write my own code that reads in JSON and writes the subsequent data wherever/however RTS needs it. Is there a guide for this?

5. Shadowing

Shadowing

Also when you add saving in. Can you add a hook that allows to use Json to save and load progress. So I can save data on server side. Still add client saving to like easy save.

6. Asledziu

Asledziu

Hi
    I bought rts engine some time ago and had a bit of fun with it, but due to lack of experience with unity, I need help,
    Has anyone tried to convert the project to HDRP and implement fog of war recommended in the documentation?
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/fog-of-war-51344

For me it partially worked, units and buildings appear and disappear as intended, but the black fog of war is not working. I wrote to the creator of fog of war but he couldn't help me and suggested a query here

Link to fog of war topic
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/fog-of-war.435705/page-8 nick Asledziu

i'm manage with that problem and its solved

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  7. woostundy

woostundy

Is that able to add mobile touch controller written by myself?
    Need some docs of the interfaces to change the input controller.

8. woostundy

woostundy

I submitted the v2 repo access form but got nothing after two days.

9. digiross

digiross

The last post by the creator was April 23, 2021......is this project dead? Hope not...

10. vinmred

vinmred

Hey just wondering if the RTS 2 project is going to be worked on. it looks that there has not been any activity in a while. I need some advice since I have been working on the beta2 version. Should I go back to using the latest in version 1 since it is developed and tested?

11. voidpeople

voidpeople

What model is synchronization in RTS Engine is multiplayer?
    Is it deterministic lockstep synchronization?

12. Not_Unlike_Games

Not_Unlike_Games

Just integrated MP following tutorial BUT mirror has since moved ClientScene into NetworkClient
    Just change line 107 in NetworkFactionManager_Mirror from this

if (isFactionSpawned == false && gameMgr.Initialized == true && ClientScene.ready == true)

to this

if (isFactionSpawned == false && gameMgr.Initialized == true && NetworkClient.ready==true)

13. mtea32

mtea32

Documentation site has been down for days. Can you fix this or send me the doc or HMTL version

Attached Files:

Flamacore likes this.
  14. Flamacore

Flamacore

Yeah having the docs as an offline version would be ideal. The site has been down fro about 4-5 days I think. Hope the project is not dead completely...

15. straodev

straodev

Hi I was wondering if you could serve the game on webgl with multiplayer support or is there no way to do that yet?

16. straodev

straodev

its working for me?
    upload_2022-1-13_11-46-45.png

17. spacemarine37889

spacemarine37889

Hi, i tried to setup the Multiplayer Menu. First i imported the Mirror Package from the AssetStore. Than i imported the RTS Engine. And finally i imported the Multiplayer Mirror Module. But i get a bunch of Failures. It is missing a bunch of Scripts, and i can't add them. The Multiplayer Manager... And it can't find the Lobby namespace, and so one.
    Thanks
    Karl mayer
    (Sorry for the mistakes. English is not my native Language)

Attached Files:

18. mattiiiiii

mattiiiiii

Hi, I have one question concerning the rts engine.
    I would like to build a settler like game with its deep good chain (e.g. grain->pig-> meat) Thus my question, can one create resources in buildings based on other resources (e.g. Pig farm receives grain and water produces pigs)? And is there a delivery system, which allows carriers to pick it up at one building an deliver it to another building?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Matthias

19. jobo22

jobo22

Hi guys, if you join the RTS Engine discord you will get help much quicker. It is WAY more active than these forums.
    https://discord.gg/qgFdVHK47g

20. mattiiiiii

mattiiiiii

Hi jobo22,

I can not get access to the discord server, because I have not bought the engine, yet. But I would like to know the answer to my question before buying it, as it concerns a major feature I need.

Thanks again and best regards

21. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

There is a courier system. Yes. So based on that you can chain things together like your want. Its right in the demo scene.
    You can have the wood be chopped down. Transport it to the Lumber yard, then have it carted to the mill -> then a furniture worker...as an example
    It will take a bit of work to do such a thing but yes its certainly doable

mattiiiiii likes this.
  22. mattiiiiii

mattiiiiii

Hi Paul-Swanson,

Thanks a lot for your answer!!!!! I expected some work to be done but it is awesome that the base function is there.

Best,

Matthias

23. Shadowing

Shadowing

The latest update was Mar 29, 2022.
    So project is definantly not dead.

24. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Its not dead. Just use the discord, like the rest of us. Telling him docs are down and having it resolved is MUCH faster that way. https://discord.gg/qgFdVHK47g
    also what documentation site are you useing?
    Theres a new site:
    https://docs.gamedevspice.com/rtsengine/manual/index.html

25. Shadowing

Shadowing

Discord isnt working for me.
    Says error when accepting invitation

Can't figure out how to get rid of this error. Imported the game and setup the layers with the auto setup button. and this error spams

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.AmbientOcclusion.IsEnabledAndSupported

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  26. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

https://discord.gg/VMC8ZEV8
    Well you took too long to try and join.
    The invites expire after 7 days

27. Shadowing

Shadowing

28. Shadowing

Shadowing

I finally got it to work. Ok so the issue is you have to have the discord app open before clicking the link. Using the browser to open it only will fail it seems.

29. sourfish

sourfish

Can the map be automatically generated? Similar to the game:
    Diplomacy is Not an Option
    I don't seem to see the relevant description in the document. English is not my mother tongue, so I may have missed some information.

30. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

As long as you have a way to place the resources and starting parts down, then yes its possible.
    Its going to be a custom process for you.
    Generate terrain
    Place required objects
    Place required Factions
    Place Resources
    Then Generate the NavMesh
    and if you plan on having a save button or something and folder you can save\load it from.

Then you can give the player control and not a loading screen.
    Its totally possible, but not easy.

31. sourfish

sourfish

Hello, I have three questions to ask:
    1. Can it be used with Odin?
    2. If I want to use it to make RPG maps like Warcraft 3, I need to add modules such as heroes, skills and item systems. Do I need to implement them myself?
    3.I noticed that there is such a tool in the asset store: TileWorldCreator 3. Can it cooperate with this engine to help generate random maps

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  32. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

I answered #3 just above.

33. vinmred

vinmred

Just wondering it was mentioned in the Nov 2 2020 post: "Handling of player disconnection during a multiplayer game with host migration." - Was this ever done? I am not seeing it in the code.