Search Unity

Unity RTS Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OussamaB, Feb 7, 2017.

1. OussamaB

OussamaB

- It seems like the selection object of the unit has its position at the bottom of the unit (ground terrain level or maybe even lower?). That is the position that the attacker will aim at so if it's too close the terrain level then they might be prone to miss or hit the terrain first when the just enter their damage range, so move it up a bit to the center of the unit and your units will be able to do damage anywhere in their range.

Also, really sorry about missing your submission in the contact formula. I usually get e-mail notifications for those.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  2. OussamaB

OussamaB

I'm really not sure why this is not working or why it should work.

I would recommend to maybe wait a bit. I'm already working on a new camera controller which will include rotation among other new features. The next update is about finishing up some refactoring work I'm doing on some components and the one after it will be all about the camera movement. Thanks for the patience.

3. ritorct

ritorct

Hi, this is greatest asset i found. but can the unit attack when moving ?
    I want to make a unit like a tank that can attack nearby enemies when moving.

4. snowwolfam24

snowwolfam24

GM ERROR.PNG RTS Error Log.PNG Hello, Just updated the asset to your recent update, and im throwing errors and also the RTS Editor to create new terrain, faction type or anything is gone RTS Error Log.PNG

5. OussamaB

OussamaB

Move attack will be added in a couple of weeks, it has been already suggested by other users so it's a must-have feature now!

6. OussamaB

OussamaB

7. chris21

chris21

Hi! Not sure if i get something wrong, but is this asset compatible with Unity 2019.1 ?
    Just purchased the asset recently, but i can't get the demo scene working.
    Currently it throws errors all over the place (see attached screenshot).
    There is also no chance to get selection working, even with a very basic setup (selection also doesn't work in the dem scene)

I am using the DemoMap.unity Scene File.

I just wanted to get a very basic start, but as the demo is not working, i feel a little lost ...

Thanks for any hints on that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  8. chris21

chris21

I see :) If i load the DemoMap from within the Assets in Editor View - it works -
    If you try to load the scene from the Files Menu it doesn't work - looks like some references are missing , then.

9. Pollawat

Pollawat

Hello sir, I got a question about how to delete a gap between humanoid animation.

As you can see in the video this animation process creates a "stuck moment while change state"
    and it looks maybe not as smooth as it should.

Thank you.

10. OussamaB

OussamaB

Sorry for this, it will be fixed in the next update which will be submitted later today.

11. OussamaB

OussamaB

I've updated the way animator states are changed for units, can you please wait for the next update and let me know if the issue still exists?

Pollawat likes this.
  12. Pollawat

Pollawat

Sure sir. I'm happy to wait for the next update to come.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  13. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

In fact, I once asked a similar question. But now it's been a while. Are character system and building system independent of each other? I want to be able to use building systems separately.

14. OussamaB

OussamaB

Not really, buildings and units share most of the components and other components rely on differentiating between both. It's definitely possible to separate them and use them independently but that'll require you to modify the code yourself.

15. greene_tea92

greene_tea92

Any way I'd be able to make the FactionID a texture instead of a color?

16. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

If your going to texture it make the primary color as white as possible. That way it'll just get to tinted.
    Otherwise it will just tint the color over top and have unpredictable results

17. greene_tea92

greene_tea92

I found a workaround, do you know how to access nested classes from a different script?

18. greene_tea92

greene_tea92

Never mind, got it

19. OussamaB

OussamaB

More information about the next update: Most manager components (except the Camera related components and the single player menu related components, have been refactored (and some even re-written completely from scratch) to improve performance, I would really like to complete refactoring the single player menu components and leave the camera related ones for the next update so this is going to take a couple more days. Re-writing stuff can lead to unexpected erroneous behavior and I'd like to avoid these issues when I release the update. So I thank you for patience again!

20. Shadowing

Shadowing

I bought this asset like 2 years ago when it first came out. Just want to say thanks for keep doing updates on this. I haven't tried the asset out yet. But when the day comes that I make a rts. I'm hoping this will be polished good. Probably will next year.