Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.3 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity RTS Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OussamaB, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

jobo22 likes this.
  2. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

Hi and thanks for this great asset. I don't know if you told something about that before but i wonder if there is any way to add a save system ?
    I would also know if it is possible to put buildings in a specific area like a house near water for fishing....

3. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

He hasn't put in a save system yet.

I'm going to see how allSave works on this though. I'll let you all know how it works when I get to it. It broke my Ufps project already...but that system is ...hard... so shady so far

OussamaB and jobo22 like this.
  4. jobo22

jobo22

5. OussamaB

OussamaB

This is really awesome. Thanks for taking the time to write this and share it with everyone. I will attach this to the first post.

I would like to also congratulate you on the newborn!

Paul-Swanson likes this.
  6. OussamaB

OussamaB

The save system is yet to be added.

Expect this in the next update.

7. OussamaB

OussamaB

I unfortunately have no experience with that asset. But after taking a small look at it, I would say it won't interfere with the RTS Engine code since the RTS Engine components use their own namespace.

jobo22 likes this.
  8. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

I just want to give some ideas, maybe i'm not the first to ask but i think that will be pretty cool

- Fog of war
    - night/day cycle
    - weather
    - ability to kill a character to get some food ( hunting )
    - walls
    - Fishing
    - deal resources
    - auto task - when a character try to get resources and there is no resource anymore, then he goes somewhere else to look for.

I know that make a lot of job, cause that's what i'm trying to implement for my game, so, if there are some updates,with a few of this ideas i will be very happy...:)

9. jobo22

jobo22

@OussamaB can you make it so that when the attack object looks at the target it can have a rotation speed? I have tanks that I want their turrets to face the target, but I want them to rotate and not just flip in that direction. Thanks!

Paul-Swanson likes this.
  10. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Yeah a Lerp on that would be really nice!
    any chance there is a place where we can simply add 1 line to fix this? or would it require a logic rework?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    jobo22 likes this.
  11. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

hello, I have an error when resource is destroyed ( i think ) :

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Resource' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    RTSEngine.NPCBuildingPlacement.SendCollectorsToBuild (RTSEngine.Building TargetBuilding) (at Assets/RTS Engine/AI/Scripts/NPCBuildingPlacement.cs:610)
    RTSEngine.NPCBuildingPlacement.ConstructBuilding (RTSEngine.Building NeededBuilding) (at Assets/RTS Engine/AI/Scripts/NPCBuildingPlacement.cs:526)
    RTSEngine.NPCBuildingPlacement.CheckAllBuildings () (at Assets/RTS Engine/AI/Scripts/NPCBuildingPlacement.cs:723)
    RTSEngine.NPCBuildingPlacement.Update () (at Assets/RTS Engine/AI/Scripts/NPCBuildingPlacement.cs:111)

12. OussamaB

OussamaB

These two will be available in the next update.

These will be available really soon.

Thanks for the suggestions, love them!

13. OussamaB

OussamaB

Expect this in the next update.

It shouldn't be that complicated.

14. OussamaB

OussamaB

Will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting the bug.

15. OussamaB

OussamaB

Excuse me but this one has been already added on v1.2.0. There's an auto behavior for both builders and resource collectors.

16. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

Oh seems not working on my project then, maybe it's because of the error message i posted just before ?

17. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

If your going to take a crack at it can we have it so there's 2 parameters? Max angle before vehicle has to turn into it, and rotation speed. default be 360 max angle for people that don't want this feature and a public variable for both parameters for those of us that do want/need.

18. OussamaB

OussamaB

I don't think that's the problem. Have you tried making the "Search Range" in the "GatherResource" component bigger?

19. OussamaB

OussamaB

For each "Attack" & "AttackBuilding" component there will be a toggle called: "Direct Rotation" and a float called "Rotation Damping". The first will allow you to enable/disable smooth rotation and the second will allow you to determine how smooth the rotation is. Would that work too?

jobo22 likes this.
  20. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

I can work with that. Much appreciated!