Search Unity

Unity RPG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jules_unity68, Jul 4, 2019.

1. jules_unity68

jules_unity68

I had a stroke.***

hello.

Unity RPG:

Playmaking & Behaviour Designer

VERSUS

ORK Framework & Makinom

VERSUS

Bolt & Game Creator.

Julian

2. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

maybe explain what you are trying to achieve ?

all those solutions are viable but some features could not be done without heavy game play scripting.

3. jules_unity68

jules_unity68

i had a stroke and speak... 4 out of 10. Sentences, no. Words words words, yes. Sorry.

"all those solutions are viable but some features could not be done without heavy game play scripting."

PM & BD versus ORK versus Bolt & Game Creator: which one, or PM & BD & Ork & GC...

1] PM & BD Integrations :)

2] Bolt & Game Creator Integrations [Bolt 2.0 & GC]

3] ORK framework & Makinom

but, No scripting [beginners C#, little bit]

PlayMaker, very very good, but 1] or 2] or 3]... which one, or 1] & 3], or 2] & 3] , or 1] & 2] & 3]

....?

4. ikazrima

ikazrima

If a complex RPG than I'll go for ORK Framework & Makinom, since ORK is a complete RPG framework. That way you just focus on making / designing your game. But reading the reviews some are saying there's a learning curve. Note there's also the yearly upgrade price of $100.

Playmaker (and I guess Bolt to an extend) is fine if you want to create not so complex RPG. I have used PM in several projects, but more for game state management & menu stuff. If you're just relying on visual scripting the complexity of the nodes is going to be a mess, you'll have to combine it with your own scripts. But since PM has been around for a long time, the advantage is there's a possibility that others have created templates that you can use and many assets already have integrations with it.

5. GameDevCouple_I

GameDevCouple_I

I would go with ORK & Makinom as ork is a fully featured RPG framework as @ikazrima has mentioned, also one of my friends uses it and swears by it

I know this is unity forums but also check out RPG maker, depending on type of RPG you want to make

Ony likes this.
  6. ikazrima

ikazrima

Yes I agree with @GameDevCouple_I definitely check out RPG Maker. With the current Steam sale they're going very cheap.

Ony and GameDevCouple_I like this.
  7. jules_unity68

jules_unity68

Thank you !!!

RPG game - Beginners [playmaker]

but

RPG Game 2 - ORK Framework.

Thank you :)