Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

unity rotates my animations!! what??!! glitch??

Discussion in 'Animation' started by CaoMengde777, Nov 30, 2014.

1. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

what the heck?? is this a glitch?? .. its gotta be, i just added a state to the animator states, and then ALL the animations in the layer got rotated a little bit, and i dont know how to un-rotate them!!!

this is what its supposed to look like, he's holding the gun at 0 degrees, straight ahead
    (yeah its not totally correct to real life, its needed for my mechanics, although, ill probably end up changing it)
    and lol the long rifle is ptrs-41

im messing with the states, here i have a standRot blend tree.. it used to blend between 90 degrees left, and 0 center, and 90 degrees right... but now i wanted to change it to just be 1 animation of 0 degrees... i added a new state (non blendtree) with just the 0 degrees.. and when i did that ALL the animations on this "upper body" layer got rotated.. 10? degrees.. WTF!!!! Unity Glitch!??!! (this is 4.6.0f3)

ooh.. its because i have, in the import settings for the animations, i have "root transform rotation" set to "based upon at start : root node rotation" ... (dang i messed up, and the root node is the "hips" bone :/ (should be seperate ... whatever..)
    ... and if i change it to "original" .. it doesnt do anything, that i can see ...

but the thing is.. my "base layer" doesnt have any rotations messed up, and the "upper body" layer was just fine, until, just suddenly when i loaded up unity and added a state, then poof all the animations of "upper body" layer changed...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

its not the blend tree... the blend tree has been stripped to just be 1 animation (for quickness, temporary)
    but oddly, in this blend tree view, the animation preview shows as what is desired (straight ahead 0degrees)

but in game, it has the unwanted rotation

3. medhue

medhue

You can put in an offset and bake it into the animation.

theANMATOR2b likes this.