Search Unity

Resolved Unity Replay crashes editor when trying to start host.

Discussion in 'Relay' started by Brogan89, Jan 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brogan89

Brogan89

When starting a host with Unity Relay the editor will crash. It doesn't happen on the first time once the editor is opened, but happens on either the third or second time starting a host. It also happens to the client trying to connect to the host.

I've created a bug report here

I've added the editor log here too so you can see the exception and assertions in more detail.

The Assertion error:
    Assertion failed on expression: 'exception == SCRIPTING_NULL'

The InvalidOperationException:

InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to create a SharedStatic for this key. This is most likely due to the size of the struct inside of the SharedStatic having changed or the same key being reused for differently sized values. To fix this the editor needs to be restarted.
    This Exception was thrown from a function compiled with Burst, which has limited exception support.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Brogan89

Brogan89

3. UnityKip

UnityKip

Unity Technologies

Hi Brogan,

Thank you for following up and for letting us know about this bug. If you are able to do some additional troubleshooting or need a workaround then I'd like to see if the crash behavior persists after trying the following:
    1. Reverting the com.unity.burst package to 1.6.3
    2. Attempt to refresh packages following the steps here for post-upgrade issues.
    3. Does the crash occur when you are not using ParrelSync?
    Let me know if the above does not work for you and we can look for additional workarounds while we address the bug.

Regards,
    -Kip

4. Brogan89

Brogan89

Hey, thanks for the reply.
    I rolled back Burst to the recommended version 1.6.4 and the problem hasn't happened. Yay! :D

Unity_Brandon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.