Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Unity Render Streaming Web Socket Connection Refused on iPhone Local Build

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by elenafloreo, Mar 16, 2023.

1. elenafloreo

elenafloreo

Render streaming works in my Unity Editor—displaying in the web app generated—but not when I make an iOS build to an iPhone.

When I make local builds from the XCode debugger, I get an error message that says: "Fatal | WebSocket.connect | Connection refused" and—maybe related—a message that says: "Other WebSocketSignaling exists with same URL:ws://127.0.0.1. Signaling process may be in conflict."
    The web app Receiver page stays black when I press the play button.

At first, I thought it may be a server configuration issue, so I set up a TURN server that I verified works, and added the TURN server url to both the web app and the Unity project. It has stayed the same.

I am using Unity 2021.3.17f and Render Streaming version 3.1.0-exp6. The camera in the project I'm using has Video Stream Sender, Broadcast, and Signaling Manager components configured based on Unity's documentation.

Do you have any advice on how to fix this?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  2. elenafloreo

elenafloreo

I was able to resolve this. I had to specify my computer's IP in the web socket address instead of "ws://127.0.0.1" as I was no longer on the same device.

kazuki_unity729 likes this.
  3. unity_7C7E9D84B8AC4FA40DD3

unity_7C7E9D84B8AC4FA40DD3

I didn't understand this issue can you please explain in details.

4. unity_7C7E9D84B8AC4FA40DD3

unity_7C7E9D84B8AC4FA40DD3

I didn't understand can you please explin in detail

5. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies