Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity removed all my UI images

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by JohnHudeski, Nov 8, 2019.

1. JohnHudeski

JohnHudeski

This is the worst bug I have ever encountered and I am now too scared to even go back to the project.
    As the title says. Every single UI Image is now blank.

I dont know what else to add

This bug only affected images.
    Texts is still fine

It also disabled all image components.

2. tertle

tertle

Welcome to alpha testing.

Do you have an error message? If not might be helpful to post what version of Unity you upgraded from so they can try replicate.

Roll back your project and wait for a fix.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Unity is not a person, it cannot remove objects from a project by itself.

What were these images? Are they still in your project assets? If they are, you can put them back.

Like @tertle says:
    you can still work on your project with an earlier version of Unity, provided you have a backup version and you didn't use only an alpha version to make it.

Alpha and beta are not suitable for production.

4. JohnHudeski

JohnHudeski

There were no errors. It was pretty funny at the time. I had to redo the entire UI but hey its the joys of Alpha testing.
    I was using it for a UI mock-up so I did not Git only saved, so no roll backs

Oh! You don't say

They were only removed from the game objects not the project
    I seem to remember removing an image from a TextMesh pro dropdown. this was the last edit I made but somehow it got applied to the entire project and then disabling the Images too. (If i had to guess Id say it was some ECS style batch process. But only speculating)

Yes and yes