Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity RemoteProviderException : Unable to load asset bundle 401 Unauthorized

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by Limewood_, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Limewood_

Limewood_

I'm trying to update some files in CCD, but I'm getting a 401 Unauthorized for the latest file I upload, even though it is there, the token is correct and the app can download all the other files.
    The file not working is a string file where I'm updating one string for one locale for a new build.

I'm building the New Build->Default Build Script and then uploading the new bundle file and making a new release with the 'latest' badge (which I'm targeting in the Addressables profile).
    If I clear data on the app it seems to download everything again, so then it suddenly seems to be authorized.
    Why am I getting this error and why does it start working when i clear data?

The data amount is small, so I wanted to have the least complicated update process as possible, which is one of the reasons why I'm not using a remote catalog (the other one being it took way too long to load on startup), I'm fine with having to update the app when a DLC changes, it should be very uncommon.
    Surely it should be possible for the newly built app to still download a bundle from CCD even if it already has that bundle with a different number on the end? Or do I have to do something to replace it in code?

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Limewood,
    Thanks for posting on the forums.

When you have a moment could you provide some additional information?
    What method are you using to update your files? Is it the the CLI or through the dashboard or within the Unity Editor?

If you are using the Unity editor could you share the versions of the addressables and the editor?

At the moment we are aware of a bug when attempting to send files from within the editor using Unity versions 2022+

Look forward to your response.
    Seb

3. Limewood_

Limewood_

Hello, Seb,
    Thank you for your reply.

I'm using the CCD website to upload the files (dashboard.unity3d.com).
    I think I may have phrased the first part a little less unclearly.
    I'm not getting this error when I try to upload the bundles, that works ok, but when I try to download them in the app, using Addressables.DownloadDependenciesAsync(downloadTags, Addressables.MergeMode.Union, true); I get the 401 Unauthorized for a single strings asset bundle that does exist in the release.

I'm using Unity 2021.3.11f1 and it looks like Addressables 1.19.19.

4. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for sharing that I may have misread.
    Could you also DM me your Org and Project ID? We will check the logs on the back end to see if we can explain why this is occuring.

Best,
    Seb

5. Limewood_

Limewood_

Thank you, I have sent you a DM with the requested details.

SebT_Unity likes this.