Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Unity Remote Settings does not work in headless instance

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by louis030195, Mar 3, 2021.

1. louis030195

louis030195

Hi,

I am stuck for days on this issue, my client & server share some code that handles Remote Settings, the settings on the client are properly updated but on a headless instance, the settings are never updated.

Code (CSharp):
    1. RemoteSettings.Completed += (b, b1, arg3) =>  HandleRemoteSettings();
    3. // Never called
    4. private void HandleRemoteSettings() {
    5.     Debug.Log("Hello world");
    6. }
    8. // Even when forcing
    9. RemoteSettings.ForceUpdate();
    Do Remote settings are supposed to work on a headless instance?
    Thanks

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Remote Settings is being deprecated later this year, you would be advised to migrate to Remote Config instead. I'm not familiar with the syntax you are using, I would suggest to use the documented approach first (unless the same code is working on your client). Also I trust you places similar Debug.Log statements around this code to confirm that it is properly executing. https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.remote-config@2.0/manual/CodeIntegration.html

3. louis030195

louis030195

Great, I implemented the thing with the new package.

It works on client and server (as a process), but I got this when I deploy my server (running in a ubuntu 20.04 container in Kubernetes).

Curl error 35: Cert handshake failed. verify result: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FATAL_ERROR. error state: 7

My Kubernetes node is open-bar (no firewall rules anything).

From doc "The web service from which Unity downloads Remote Config data is read-only, but not secure" so I don't even understand why it's struggling with TLS?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Can you Google for the error UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FATAL_ERROR and see if the results might apply?

5. louis030195

louis030195

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

I wasn't implying that you didn't, I was checking to see if you tested with .NET versions as discussed in the links, for example.

7. Bob-Zhang

Bob-Zhang

I've had this problem before, and finally I found the package ca-cerrificates is helpful.
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. apt-get install -y ca-certificates

8. Bob-Zhang

Bob-Zhang

But I donot know why.:rolleyes: