Search Unity

Unity Remote 5 Setup

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Deleted User, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I can't seem to get Unity Remote working. I open the app, plug my iPhone into my computer via USB, startup my project, and press play, but nothing happens on my iPhone. I've made sure to import a DualTouchController into my project, enable mobile input, and choose "any iOS device in Edit>Project Settings>Editor." Is there anything else I can do to try and get it working? Do I need to install something to get it working? All that returns in the console is "connect failed" and "Socket: connect failed, error: Network is unreachable(101)."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2017
  2. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.

I had this problem when working by Android, Restart Unity Editor and also Restart your iPhone and try again.

If not works, try to restart your PC and then try again.

Unity Remote Manual

Hope this helps.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

A restart didn't seem to work. However I was able to produce a new, probably more relevant error in the console:
    Code (csharp):
    1. EntryPointNotFoundException: StartIosProxy
    This is the same error as the one here. Unfortunately, the fixes there don't seem to apply to the Linux version of Unity.

4. Tak

Tak

We've identified the issue here - the fix will be available in an upcoming build.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Good to know. Is there anything I can do in the meantime or should I just wait for the fix?

6. Tak

Tak

Unfortunately, I don't believe there's any reasonable local workaround.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Strange... the latest release didn't seem to solve the problem. I'm no longer getting the StartIOSProxy errors, but instead, nothing is showing up on my device. Everything is set correctly as I said in the original post, but I must be doing something else wrong. I've tried restarting my phone, computer, and Unity Remote with no luck. I've even tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

8. scrant

scrant

Hi, has this been fixed yet? I CANNOT get Unity Remote 5 to work with Unity on Mac OS (either Android or iOS version). I'm using Unity 5.6.4p4. I've tried every "solution" in every thread I've come across to no avail. Very frustrating and time consuming to debug my project.

9. Karsten

Karsten

Problems with 2018.2.0f2 does not get recognise Unity Remote 5, seams to be Unity Remote 5 needs an update urgently, please take care of this Unity Technologies, because its an important tool, thanks!

10. raphaklaus

raphaklaus

The same with 2018.2.7f1. I'm on Ubuntu 18.04. Running
    adb devices
    show my device normally, but Unity can't recognize the device.

11. Ivek75

Ivek75

The same with 2018.3.0f2.

12. lovemoebius

lovemoebius

I have set up Unity Remote with Windows before, but I have yet to figure out how to do it for Linux.
    Build and Run and everything else relating to Android works just fine, it's just Unity Remote.

Last tested with 2018.3.0f2