Search Unity

Unity Remote 5 NOT working with 2018.3.0f2

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by LurchUSA, Dec 13, 2018.

1. LurchUSA

LurchUSA

I just upgraded to Unity 2018.3.0f2, from 2018.2.18f1.

Before Unity Remote 5, which I was running on an iPad Mini 2 via the USB port was working flawlessly. NOW it does NOT work at all.

When I am running Unity and plug in my iPad Mini 2, I get the following error messages:

EntryPointNotFoundException: StartIosProxy
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSDevice.StartIosProxy (System.UInt16 devicePort) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/iOSDevice.cs:46)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSDevice.StartRemoteSupport () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/iOSDevice.cs:54)
    UnityEditor.IDeviceUtils.StartRemoteSupport (System.String deviceId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/IDeviceUtils.cs:14)

Could not start remote support for device: EntryPointNotFoundException: StartIosProxy
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSDevice.StartIosProxy (System.UInt16 devicePort) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/iOSDevice.cs:46)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSDevice.StartRemoteSupport () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/iOSDevice.cs:54)
    UnityEditor.IDeviceUtils.StartRemoteSupport (System.String deviceId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/IDeviceUtils.cs:14)

2. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

It seems to be also not working with Android Devices.

3. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

And I have the exact same error with my iPad. But this workaround worked!

https://forum.unity.com/threads/ipad-w-unity-remote-broken-on-windows.405016/

You can copy this from any older version of Unity.

"you can go to your Unity install folder and copy editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iOSSupport\x86_64\*.* one level up into iOSSupport folder. This is for 64bits, for 32bits replace x86_64 with just x86. The native library will load then and those errors should go away."

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    AAK_Lebanon and samuelykc like this.
  4. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Workaround for Android, when not working :

Setup in Unity: “Unity Remote Editor Settings> Device> Any Android Device”

Then:

1. Open a command window.

2. Navigate to your Android ADB folder. (For Windows Users, C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools)

3. Kill the adb server with the following command: adb kill-server

4. Restart the adb server: adb start-server

5. Open Unity Remote on your device.

6. Press play.
    Repeat whenever you encounter this issue.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Knyron and Deleted User like this.
  5. Lelefant

Lelefant

I got the same issue after upgrading from 2018.3.0f1 to 2018.3.0f2.

This is a section from the editor log after starting play mode with an Android device attached (recognized in build settings):

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  6. XantRoss

XantRoss

Any one fixed the issue for IOS?? in 2018.3.0f2 is not working and not in the new 2019.1.0a12 (so even in 2019 it's not fixed).

AAK_Lebanon likes this.
  7. unity_1SeL-HQ69UMA9g

unity_1SeL-HQ69UMA9g

Still dont working :(

8. andrenospam0

andrenospam0

Got the same issue. Now fixed with 2018.3.12f

9. SauronDark

SauronDark

not fixed on 2019.1, android debug is on, tried restart editor, but no response from Remote 5

10. ellenblomw

ellenblomw

Having the same problem. But I don't even have a X86 folder in there. What to do then?

"you can go to your Unity install folder and copy editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iOSSupport\x86_64\*.* one level up into iOSSupport folder. This is for 64bits, for 32bits replace x86_64 with just x86. The native library will load then and those errors should go away."