Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Remote 5 not working from Mac to Android

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by edgarsanmartin, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgarsanmartin

edgarsanmartin

Hello!

I’m trying to port my iOS game to Android but I am unable to get Unity Remote to work with Android, although it had been reliable while I was working on it with iOS.

I’ve downloaded the Android modules with the sub folders filled with the SDK and other relevant folders. Ran adb devices on my Mac and the Android is shown to be connected and authorized. I set up Remote from the Project Settings >> Editor to run on all android devices. Yet, it still won’t show up.

If it helps, I’m using a Visible R2 phone, which uses Android 8 (Oreo).

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

2. edgarsanmartin

edgarsanmartin

Just realized this is probably not the right thread to post this question ‍♂️

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

4. edgarsanmartin

edgarsanmartin

Thank you man, I’ll check it out!

5. edgarsanmartin

edgarsanmartin

Hey, android development and specifically Unity Remote 5 does work on R2 phones!

What solved my problem was looking at these docs:

https://docs.unity3d.com/540/Documentation/Manual/android-sdksetup.html

Essentially, I needed to install Android Studio and its SDK (Unity's modules for downloading the SDK & NDK, and OpenJDK are needed as well, but their SDK download was what was giving me the problem).

Then, you go to Unity, click on preferences and go to the "External Tools" tab.

Uncheck "Android SDK Tools Installed with Unity (recommended)" and input the path that Android Studio's SDK is located at. For my mac, the path was "/Users/<<your_username>>/Library/Android/sdk", if you need help finding it.

Then, it was all set and I was able to Test my Unity game on my R2 phone!

Hope this helps anyone who comes across this problem, especially on this phone! Took me all day today to solve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.