Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Unity refuses to properly import animations from Maya

Discussion in 'Animation' started by worlddominationrurin, Jan 11, 2024.

1. worlddominationrurin

worlddominationrurin

I've checked all the Maya files, every single rig is identical and have no problems. I've also used the same export settings for all animations so there's nothing different, but when I import the FBX exports into Unity the animations it gets incredibly janky.
    A character I've animated in the past will have all the animations working just fine, but if I import a new animation after not having touched the rig for a while it just refuses to work with no explanation. The only solution I've found is re-exporting everything for the umpteenth time.
    I looked into it and it looks like unity simply adds numbers to the rig. So in maya L_arm turns into L_arm1 in Unity. But this only happens sometimes, other times there's no noticeable change.
    Please send help I really, really, REALLY do not want to export 50+ animations just to add 6 more... AGAIN.