Search Unity

Resolved Unity Reflect Viewer Issue after update

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by opacicpetar96, Nov 16, 2020.

1. opacicpetar96

opacicpetar96

So, I'm using the Unity Reflect viewer for quite some time now. I've used the Unity 2019.4.1f1 version and everything worked smooth, but recently I updated the project to Unity 2020.1.9f1 version and I run into one major issue. The textures are completely off the models, it acts like a completely different model on it's own (the textures) and it acts all strange (see picture). The models are loaded correctly, but the textures are all strange, and as I move the camera, the texture is moving uncontrolled.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

*EDIT*
    It looks like a camera renderer issue, the 'Forward Renderer' got buggy after the update, if I switch to 'VRForwardRenderer' or 'ARForwardRenderer' it's working as supposed. What should I fix on Forward Renderer, and how should I do it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey opacicpetar96,
    We don't officially support 2020.1 with Reflect just yet, so we can keep things stable for our users who are developing on top of the Reflect Viewer. The officially supported version is 2019.4 (LTS), which matches the project on our public github.
    We'll be updating to 2020.2, which will be the LTS version for next year when we release it.
    David

opacicpetar96 likes this.
  3. opacicpetar96

opacicpetar96

Hey David,
    Thank you for the reply! I understand. I had to update to a more recent version of Unity because of some other 3rd party services that we use, but so far I didn't had any other issue than the ForwardRenderer.

One question: Could it be an issue if I use VRForwardRenderer or ARForwardRenderer as the main camera renderer for the Windows or Mac build? So far I didn't recognized any issues with them, but I'm just curious if this could lead to any known issue?

Pete

4. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey Pete, I don't know myself, but I'll ask one of our devs to find out :)

5. i_am_olo

i_am_olo

Unity Technologies

Hi Pete,

I would try disabling each of the ForwardRenderer features one-by-one to see which ones conflicts. Also, if you could take a screenshot in your PackageManager of the URP package version you are using it would help. 2019.4.X LTS uses URP 7.3.X, so we want to see which version you are on now,

opacicpetar96 likes this.
  6. opacicpetar96

opacicpetar96

Hi @i_am_olo

The current URP package version is 8.2.0 (see picture).

Also, could you please explain further what do you mean by ForwardRenderer features exactly? :)

Attached Files:

• urp.PNG
      urp.PNG
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
  7. i_am_olo

i_am_olo

Unity Technologies

Great. So to see the Renderer Features, you have to select the ForwardRender asset in the project browser. It's under Assets/Settings/ForwardRenderer. You should see something like in the attached image in the Inspector.

One of these are the RenderFeatures, and you can disable them by remove the check mark next to each. Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 12.38.24 PM.png

This might have more features than yours, since I am working on a different renderer version.

DavidMenard and opacicpetar96 like this.
  8. opacicpetar96

opacicpetar96

Ok @i_am_olo , I did like you suggested, and I found the issue. (hopefully)
    So, I disabled the "Custom Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)" feature, and now the ForwardRenderer works just fine. :)

issue.PNG

I don't really know what is the issue inside that feature, and also, could you please tell me what are the possible consequences of disabling this feature? :)

Thank you for the help.

*EDIT*

I played with the problematic feature a little bit, and I changed it's "Render Pass Event" property from "Before Skybox" to "Before Rendering", and it fixed the issue as well. So right now, the feature is enabled and the above property is on "Before Rendering" and it works OK I guess. Now, the new question is: What's the difference between those Render Pass Events on the feature? It seems like it has an issue only with a couple of options, like Before Skybox, but the rest seems ok.? forwardrenderer.PNG

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  9. i_am_olo

i_am_olo

Unity Technologies

SSAO, or Screen Space Ambient Occlusion

This is a feature we ported back from URP 10.x

Please See:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...iversal@10.0/manual/post-processing-ssao.html

To see what the feature is. As far as the Passes, these are different passes in the Scriptable Rendering Pipeline, and SSAO can be applied at any of these. If you apply it too soon, they may be overridden. If applied too late, it may generate artifacts.

The best way is to be in Play Mode, and toggle the feature on and off, and see how it impacts your rendering.

We might have to look at why it doesn't work properly in URP 8.X, but it will only be investigated for a future version.

DavidMenard and opacicpetar96 like this.
  10. opacicpetar96

opacicpetar96

Okay, I will play around with the feature later but for now if works as supposed, so the problem is solved. :)

Thank you for the help! :)

DavidMenard likes this.