Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Reflect Connection to Rhino

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by Bobbyross, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Bobbyross

Bobbyross

Hello,

I´m currently evaluating both rhino6 and Unity reflect to help a client with unity development.

I have installed the Rhino Plugin from the Unity "ReflectInstaller.exe" and imported reflect from the package manager in unity.

I can´t see any Reflect UI in Rhino to hook the file to Unity. Anybody knows what I´m missing or why it doesn´t work?

Rhino_9oaS2tk3hK.png

All the best,
    Robert

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey BobbyRoss,
    Rhino is a bit different because all plugins are Commands. So you'll need to run the "ReflectGUI" command ion Rhino to make the plugin show up. You can have a look at the Rhino Plugin Manager to verify that the plugin is well installed, and see which commands are available there.
    Have a look at the Rhino plugin documentation for details!
    David

3. Bobbyross

Bobbyross

Thanks David!

Great, I will try that.

All the best, Robert

4. Bobbyross

Bobbyross

Hi again,

I tried the command in Rhino and that did the trick! Thanks.

Now I can´t get it to sync it to Unity. I first did a few attempts on a pretty large scene and couldn´t get it to sync.

I then made a new basic test scene to troubleshoot if it was because of the scene or something else. Please see the attached screenshots.

- I am logged in, inside of Unity
    - Rhino Revit Plugin says it has exported the scene
    - Unity scene to sync to has given me green light.
    - Unity Reflect many can´t find the model, nor give me any feedback about it´s loading.

My Rhino view
    Rhino_UETka9LqAM.png

Chose Unity project
    UnityReflectUI_1SoeYLzKUD.png

Unity Reflect Meny
    Unity_PzlN7QkvpF.png
    What am I missing here?

Thanks, Robert

5. Bobbyross

Bobbyross

Hi David, do you know why this isn´t working?

All the best, Robert

6. mika_leonard

mika_leonard

Unity Technologies

Hi Bobbyross,

I noticed your Reflect window UI is different than mine, which version of the Reflect package are you using? Make sure to use the latest one, is which is preview.104 - 1.3.0. If it still doesn't work, maybe try a different export workflow (local or cloud)

Attached Files:

7. Bobbyross

Bobbyross

Hi Mika,

Thanks for your response!

I´m currently on the latest Reflect version that I can see, which is UnityReflect.png

Can this be a Unity version thing?

I´m am currently on the Unity version 2018.3.11f1

Thanks in advance,
    Robert

8. mika_leonard

mika_leonard

Unity Technologies

You're definitely experiencing those issues because you're on 2018.3, we only officially support Unity 2019.3 and 2019.4 currently

9. Bobbyross

Bobbyross

Ah!! That was it. My mistake, I installed the wrong version!

I got it to work directly now. Thanks for the support... Now back to evaluation :)

All the best,
    Robert

unityunity