Search Unity

Video Unity Recorder update

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ans_unity, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Spierek and anyone that reported this,

Really sorry that such a trivial change took so long to land, and totally aware the package makes it worst.
    The fix is actually on its way in v2.0.2. The version is currently being QA-ed and contain several bug fixes and clean-up.
    So stay tuned, should be soon.

Thanks for your patience !

Spierek likes this.
  2. Spierek

Spierek

Thanks for the quick response :) Looking forward to the update.

3. TheoSabattie

TheoSabattie

Hello',

A lot of platform for game publication ask several resolutions (Android, iOs, ...)

I was hoping that solution allowed to take several screenshot with several resolutions.
    Unfortunately, in Unity 2018, if I setup several Image Record Settings with different resolutions, that records several image with the same resolution.
    In Unity 2019, the resolution are ok, but the camera and UI do not match the resolution. I get a mirrored and cut result.

Do you plane to improve your tool allowing taking several resolution correctly?

----------------------------------

An other issue, if we use 3rd party for the sound, the audio is not registered. (We use FMOD for a project).
    Do you plane to register sound system in a future version ?

Thanks in advance.

Théo Sabattié.

4. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @TheoSabattie,

Could use active camera targets be an option for you ?
    The resolution limitation is only with the GameView that uses screenshot API function that shares the render buffer.

5. netpost

netpost

Hi,

1-Is it possible to record the input (keyboard keys) while recording animation with the unity recorder? I am trying to record my in game play animation but unity recorder seems to record the animation without the root transform. Meaning that my WASD keys aren't record at all so the animation stays in place with no transform.

2-Is it possible to record the camera motion with the unity recorder? First test aren't really good. :)

My goal would be to use a realtime controller to move an animal for example and record all motions and "camera follows" at the same time. Once this animation and camera are recorded, I could use a video capture asset to render the scene to video.

Thank you for shedding the light on this.

6. SlingShotVR

SlingShotVR

Please update the recorder! It doesn't work properly with versions 2018 or 2019!!I don't understand why software that doesn't work properly is being released at all!!!

msyoung2012 likes this.
  7. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @SlingShotVR,

Any chance you are still using the Asset Store version of Recorder ?
    If so, due to Timeline becoming a package, this deprecated version is only compatible with Unity < 2018.3.

So please, use the package manager version. /!\ You will need to enable "show preview package" in package manager windows to be able to see the version.

If not, please provide more information such as errors, OS version, and precise Unity / Recorder version you tested.
    There are currently identified bugs that are being worked on but Recorder is being stabilized at each release. We also have people using it every day.
    You are not supposed to be totally blocked by some issues. So let us know, ideally in a new thread with a recorder tag.

Thanks !

8. tonOnWu

tonOnWu

Hi guys.
    I downloaded your Unity Recorder Tool but I’m having problems with my Unity 2019.1.4f1. There are a lot of errors related to a namespace called UIElements and a Library called UnityeEngineExperimental that it's no longer in Unity. Here you got them:
    Thanks.
    Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 9.55.57 AM.png
    Tony Munoz

9. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @tonOnWu !

You are using the Asset Store version that is deprecated and only compatible with < 2018.3.
    Please use Package Manager version.

/!\ You will need to enable "show preview package" in package manager windows to be able to see the version.

Thanks

10. lawsonh

lawsonh

Hi Unity,

If I have multiple enabled image recorders each with a different custom resolution, all of the screenshots will be the same resolution. Are you aware of this bug?

Lawson

11. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @lawsonh,

Are you using Game View as capture target ? If so, this is a known limitation and Recorder should show a warning about this. GameView is using screen capture core function that only renders once.

If you want to capture different resolutions, ActiveCamera is a better option.

Thanks !

lawsonh likes this.
  12. netpost

netpost

I have crashes with the two latest versions from the package manager. Easy to reproduce. I tried it with 3 new projects with the same results. Unity 2019.1.of2

13. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @netpost,

Would you mind opening a new thread and tag it with recorder tag (so I can get notified).

I need more info in order to repro:
    - OS version
    - What other plugins are you using (SRP, ...) ?
    - When does the crash happens ? Just after pressing play ?
    - What is your full Recorder set-up (screenshot is probably the best to share that) ?
    - Are you using Timeline and Recorder Track / Clip ?
    - Do you see errors in the console before the crash ?

Please also share your editor.log (see https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html)

Thanks for your feedback !

14. netpost

netpost

@marief_unity @recorder

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. Here is the infos:

Windows 10
    I am just using this plugin
    Yestreday it crashes right after hitting play. Today I was able to work for a few minutes before it did but with the same memory error.
    I attached 2 picture (one before and one after the crash)
    I am using the timeline to record and I mute the untiy recorder track when playing back the recorded animation
    I also have the log attached

Thanks! TestUnityRecorder.JPG TestUnityRecorder.JPG

Attached Files:

15. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @netpost

So you are recording an animation and this is an allocation error.
    I tried to repro this with a simply animated cube and did not have any issues.

So here, what are the next steps I would suggest :
    * Upgrade to the last version of 2019.1 (2019.1.7f1), as it is always advised to use the last minor of each version
    * Try with a simple cube

Also, can I have some details about your dragon asset ? is it an Alembic ? how is it animated ? how big is it ?
    Would it be possible to share it if the simple cube works for you too ?

Thanks !

ps: What i meant by creating a new thread is create a new message in the Audio/Video Forum and use the recorder tag. That way we can discuss without noise for all the people following this update thread ;)

16. netpost

netpost

Ok I will try upgrade to the latest version and try to find some time to do a quick cube test and report back on a new thread in the audio video forum.

Thanks.

17. netpost

netpost

@marief_unity I just want to report that upgrading to unity 2019.1.7f1 solved the crash problem. Everything is good.
    Thank you for the quick support!

marief_unity likes this.
  18. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @TimNick151297,

Indeed Recorder takes control of the time using capture framerate API in order to let the recording of the output finish without impacting the fixed framerate of the sequence.
    See https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/TimeFrameManagement.html

You could try launching Unity in command line and do this recording fully offline ?
    See https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

Does that answer your question ?

Thanks

TimNick151297 likes this.
  19. Sematho

Sematho

Hello, is it normal to have sound issues ?
    When I record something, the image is good but the sound cuts each second... it does that with any resolution, I don't understand why.
    If you know this issue, running on 2019.
    Thanks.

20. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @nemesis7,

I confirmed It is not supposed to cut every seconds.
    Would you mind posting a separate message in the same forum and tag it with Recorder, so we can investigate further ?

I would need to know :
    - OS version
    - Precise Unity version (if you are not running the last minor, I suggest to start by updating to it)
    - Recorder version
    - Recorder set-up (screenshots are the best)
    - Any other plugin used : timeline ? HDRP ?
    - Type of sound you are using (eventually share it if you can)

Also did you try to reproduce the issue in the simplest project you can ? (ex: a cube moving).

Thanks

21. petey

petey

Hi there,
    Just wondering about the animation export from Unity recorder, is there a way to export FBX files?
    By the way, having the samples as an option extra on the package is awesome! :)
    Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 9.37.47 am.png

Thanks,
    Pete

22. NotoMuteki

NotoMuteki

I installed Unity Recorder 2.0.1 preview but i have these errors.
    recorder1.PNG
    Looks like some scripts are missing which Recorder requires.
    When I created the new project and installed it compiled fine, so its only happening in my project.
    Unity version: 2019.1.8f1
    Installed Packages:
    recorder2.PNG
    Player Settings:
    recorder3.PNG
    Am I missing any packages or settings for Recorder?

23. NotoMuteki

NotoMuteki

Sorry, I figured out myself.
    Old Recorder scripts were left in my project and causing the error(Did I install from asset store somewhere in the past? I'm not sure...).
    I uninstalled Recorder, deleted old Recorder folder, reinstalled Recorder and it worked.

24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi.
    Why my recorded movie track in timeline is x10 faster in Variable and 10x slower in Constant Playback mode?
    How to sync unity timeline with recorder? In last version there was no such issue. I got recorder track in timeline.

It seams that recorder have problem with time and timeline track.

25. loltype

loltype

Hi!

Im having an issue with the 360 recorder. When I record 360 movie, some particle effects from the Unity Particle Pack(explosions, sparks, etc) are missing(invisible). It is only happen with 360 View as following YouTube videos:

[360 View] some particle effects are missing(invisible), only their dynamic lightings are visible.

[Normal View] particle effects are OK.

Unity 2019.3.0a7 (and 2019.1.5f1)
    Unity Recorder Ver 2.0.1
    macOS 10.14.5

Project & Scene:
    Unity Particle Pack(SampleScene)

Record settings:
    スクリーンショット 2019-07-06 9.50.45.png

Is there any solution or workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

26. Spierek

Spierek

Selzier and monstercouch like this.
  27. Poupi

Poupi

Hey,
    The Recorder seems broken when rendering in 360 with Unity 2019.1.9f1 and HDRP, everything looks metallic as if there's no albedo pass rendered, or something like that :

Recorded with Targeted Camera :
    Flat.png

Recorded with 360 View :
    360.png

28. Selzier

Selzier

Also looking for any updates to Recorder. It's been out for over 1.5 years and still can't render anything other than a low bitrate 'proof of concept'. It would be nice to render a video some other way than exporting image sequences to FFMPEG.

With 40,000 views on this thread, it seems like there is adequate demand for the feature.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  29. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Selzier (and anyone interested in that topic),

I answered here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-recorder-custom-bitrate.665239/#post-4748978

Thanks for your patience.

30. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey there,

Recorder 2.0.2-preview.3 has been released yesterday.

Here's the changelog:
    • Add Gif and Legacy Recorders core library binaries for Linux
    Fix build errors related to fccore
    • Fix a bug with Recorder Clip that would produce one frame movie if never displayed in the inspector
    • Warning clean-up in 2018.4
    • Remove ActiveCamera target when HDRP is available
    • Fix "NullReferenceException" errors related to changes in GameView in 2019.3

Let us know if you encounter any new issues with that version.

A quick note about something that is not visible but will help with Recorder stability : one of the work of the past month has been to integrate the Recorder into our Continuous Integration system.
    This means we are now able to spot way more quickly potential breakage (API changes for example) or warnings...
    It also means that when we spot a new issue, we sometime choose to delay a little the release in order to fix it.

And that's why releasing 2.0.2 took a little longer than we would have want.

What we are currently working on:
    * Fixing bugs, improving Recorder stability, having Recorder as a verified package... and on that topic, thanks you so much all for your feedback, it is really valuable.
    * Improving quality set-up where we are aiming at having a core media API + encoder plugins that will allow the users to choose the encoder they want (ex: Unity core plugin based on OS API, ffmpeg plugin...).

Thanks all for your patience !

Selzier likes this.
  31. sed

sed

2.0.2-preview.3 still gives me:
    "19181: error: exportArchive: Code signing "fccore.bundle" failed.
    19182: Error Domain=IDEDistributionPipelineErrorDomain Code=0 "Code signing "fccore.bundle" failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Code signing "fccore.bundle" failed., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=View distribution logs for more information.}"

when building for iOS through Unity Cloud Build. I'm using the 2.0.2-preview.3 version downloaded through Package Manager. I've tried "clean building" it, but it still fails.

Could you share ETA for when you're going to fix the issue?

32. mandersonrmark

mandersonrmark

33. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @mandersonrmark !

Not sure why you're sharing this, but this is old news. Recorder 2.0.0+ fixed that.

Accessible via Package manager as a preview package (make sure you enable the option to see preview packages in advanced section).

34. cineruss

cineruss

As marief_unity has said. Download from the package manager. It works with no problems on my end anywhere. Thanks marief_unity for all your help.

35. cineruss

cineruss

Working wonderfully but is there any options for record video or sequences with side by side and not top and bottom?

36. lawsonh

lawsonh

Hi Unity,

When I use ActiveCamera recorders with multiple different resolutions, all of the screenshots but one look squished. Some of them are flipped too, even though I did not check the vertical flip checkbox. Moreover, when I include the UI, the screenshots produced only have the UI with a white background and nothing from the camera.

37. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @cineruss,

Not sure I understand the question. Are you using 360 mode ?

Thanks !

38. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @lawsonh !

Yes, the flip issue is known and worked on. There are different level of issues here to be fixed.
    That said, multiple resolution should work with Active Cam and not sure to understand 100% your issue with UI.

Would you mind opening a new thread in the Audio&Video forum and tag it with recorder tag ?
    In that message, please provide :
    * a screenshot of your recorders
    * an example of squished result
    * an example of wrong UI
    * OS version / Unity version / Recorder version

Thanks

39. cineruss

cineruss

Yes I am using 360 mode but the stereo images are stacked top and bottom. I need side by side or even better and equirectangular version.

40. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

I'm afraid for now the top / bottom layout is the only option, but I added an issue in our backlog to investigate this.
    Sorry about that.

41. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Selzier likes this.
  42. Spierek

Spierek

@marief_unity 2.0.2 doesn't fix the fccore issue - you can build to iOS locally but after trying to Package the build (which is necessary for upload to App Store), XCode throws the 'fccore.bundle has conflicting provisioning settings' error.

43. EvilElephant

EvilElephant

Does anyone know if it's possible to start and stop recording video via script?

44. Gord10

Gord10

I am able to record videos, but I always get these two errors:

Windows 10, Unity 2018.4.2f1. The assets are quite crowded. I use systems like Cinemachine, Marmoset Skyshop, LipSync Pro; but none of the plugins have a script called Recorder.

45. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @EvilElephant,

Yes, there is actually several Samples showing how to in Recorder package. Since, 2019.1, you can import them directly via Package Manager window. Before 2019.1, you need to browse the package folder.

EvilElephant likes this.
  46. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Gord10,

Will need more information to investigate.
    Would you mind opening a new thread in the Audio&Video forum and tag it with recorder tag ?
    - ideally your project or a light version of your project that demos the issue ?
    - if not possible: your editor.log file, a screenshot of your Recorder Clip (you must have a timeline with a Recorder track), Cinemachine version, Recorder version.

Here's where you can find the editor.log file : https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

Thanks !

47. Gord10

Gord10

Here it is, thanks in advance: https://forum.unity.com/threads/video-recorder-generates-error.722687/

48. ChaoLW

ChaoLW

Excuse me,i can not install this recorder correctly.

49. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Spierek !

I'm trying to repro this error but failing at it.

What I did :
    * Set-up my Unity build with proper signing / iOS provisioning profiles so I can then run a build in XCode
    * Launching the resulting build in XCode (10.1) (OSX 10.13.6)
    * Selecting Unity-iPhone and using Generic iOS Device (as I currently don't have a real iOS device, can have if need be)
    * Trying Product > Build For Running or Product > Archive... I was expecting to get your error at this step, and I don't.

So would you mind opening a new thread in the Audio&Video forum and tag it with recorder tag ?
    * Full log error
    * Reproduction steps. Please note that packaging iOS app is NOT my field of expertise :p So the more specific, the better.

Thanks a bunch !

50. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @ChaoLW,

Did you try installing it from Package Manager (make sure you enable the option to see preview packages in advanced section) ?

If so, any errors ? what version of Unity are you using ? OS version ?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.