Search Unity

Video Unity Recorder update

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ans_unity, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grahamvr

grahamvr

Hey folks, is there a way of rendering out stereoscopic images using Volumetric fog where you cant see the cubemap overlay on the output image?

LargoSama likes this.
  2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Could someone maybe give me a quick explanation of what this package is useful for? In what ways are people using it?

I found this package while looking for a screen recording tool I could use in a build, to capture camera output to allow players to share gifs/videos of their gameplay. And I see in this thread that this package isn't intended to work in builds, or doesn't work in builds. But then I see recent fixes to this package claiming to have fixed issues with iOS builds. So I'm confused about whether this is actually supported or not for recording in a build.

I also see that under 2019.2, additional integration with HDRP was added, allowing recorder output to be fed into shaders? What's the point of this if it's not usable in a build?

So what's the story with this package? Why does it exists if it can't be used in a build? Compared to recording with OBS Studio, or any other screen recording software, what's the reasoning for using this package? Is it especially efficient when recording Unity or something?

Sorry if this sounds like I'm complaining. I'm just having a hard time understanding the value of an editor-only screen recording package.

KarlKarl2000 likes this.
  3. Rik_Vasquez

Rik_Vasquez

@dgoyette, I use it for cinematics or video production projects. If you're familiar with vfx, video compositing, or video post-processing workflow there's a need to render in "passes" (foreground elements from background, lighting passes, z-depth even, and such). Or exporting out in HD res, still frames. That's I think, in part, what Unity Tech's plan and motivation for this tool's development. A game engine version of a non-linear video editor (or one aspect of it when combined with timeline and cinemachine). It's relatively new so in preview builds there will be bugs.

Recording efficiency? Speaking from my limited user experience, it will depend on your goals and computer hardware specs. If you throw in a lot of particle fx or post process effects and want to capture that in realtime, if you have low end hardware, the video output might have glitches or frame rate drops. So to avoid something like this you may have to set the recorder to output still frames. And re-build your sequence in an external video editor.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  4. dgoyette

dgoyette

You've mentioned a couple of interesting things there. So you might use this to create a cutscene video with fewer artifacts than if the screen were merely recorded with standard screen recording software? Meaning, if the recorder doing something different than just capturing the computer's screen output? Does the recorder somehow get lower-level rendering output it uses to generate videos? Is there something you were able to achieve using Unity Recorder that would have been difficult or not possible just capturing the screen?

5. Rik_Vasquez

Rik_Vasquez

To answer your last question, I was able to record the game screen playback (i.e., no ui). If I were using Bandicam for example, I'd need to customized my ui layout to maximize the game panel but it won't crop it completely (from my experience using Bandicam to capture Unity). There's a few more output modes too like 360 but I've yet to try this. The record "animation clip" can be useful.

For cutscene recording or even video assets for marketing purposes or store thumbnail videos, it's pretty efficient to use and straightforward. If you have a high end rig, you might be okay doing obs captures and just clip what you need in obs. But I don't have practical experience with this.

Lower level rendering? For my own tests and my low spec laptop I'm fine capturing still frames with post-processing. I won't be attempting to render 60fps videos at 1080 and up (I think it'll let you do 4k) until I get a beefier rig. So, it can really depend on what computer you have.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    dgoyette likes this.
  6. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Hi @marief_unity I ran into this error, and ran into a couple problems with this fix: First there was an issue with a missing comma in that code (which I figured out how to get around with a json validator I found here: https://jsonlint.com/) and after I seemed to get it working OK, I got this error:

Assembly has duplicate references: Unity.Recorder,Unity.Timeline (Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Unity.Recorder.Editor.asmdef)

Could not figure out how to get around that one. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

7. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Hi again @marief_unity, I found the answer to my own question, once I had a chance to dig around this thread some more this morning, here in this post:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-recorder-update.509458/page-9#post-4664957

...where you said:

I was using the version from the Asset Store. Don't remember seeing it saying anything about it only being compatible with < 2018.3, but I was in a hurry. :) And I had first tried to download via Package Manager, but didn't know about the "show preview package" option.

Working now, thanks!

marief_unity likes this.
  8. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @dgoyette,

As @Rik_Vasquez well explained, the main goal of Recorder is to output data (images, movies, animations, ...) so they can be re-used in other DCC / pipeline steps.
    So it was really designed with the VFX / Animation / Cinematics in mind.

An advantage of Recorder is you can stack the Recorders and export at the same time, your animation and your final render OR now all your AOVs and a proxy movie of your beauty. You can also export different camera targets at the same time.

I confirm it does not work at runtime, the build fixes you saw were about allowing the build itself to succeed with a Recorder in your project. Having Recorder working at runtime is not a priority right now.

Priority currently being:
    * stabilization and bug fixes
    * improving encoding quality set-up

Thanks for your interest.

dgoyette likes this.
  9. calvinstreeting

calvinstreeting

can anyone help with this.. when i add recoder preview and open window add movie as a recoder i get no controls like file name and this error repeats over and over again in console :( ....

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Recorder.Input.GameViewSize.GetMainGameView () (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Inputs/GameViewSize.cs:23)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.Input.GameViewSize.GetGameRenderSize (System.Int32& width, System.Int32& height) (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Inputs/GameViewSize.cs:43)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.OutputResolution.GetWidth () (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/OutputResolution.cs:26)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.Input.StandardImageInputSettings.get_outputWidth () (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/ImageInputSettings.cs:35)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.FileNameGenerator.ResolutionResolver (UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/FileNameGenerator.cs:197)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.Wildcard.Resolve (UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/FileNameGenerator.cs:35)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.FileNameGenerator.ApplyWildcards (System.String str, UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/FileNameGenerator.cs:278)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.FileNameGenerator.BuildAbsolutePath (UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/FileNameGenerator.cs:229)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.FileNameGeneratorDrawer.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/FileNameGeneratorDrawer.cs:101)
    UnityEditor.PropertyDrawer.OnGUISafe (UnityEngine.Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyDrawer.cs:23)
    UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.Rect visibleArea) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:139)
    UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean includeChildren) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:106)
    UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUILayout (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:208)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:9456)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:9445)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.RecorderEditor.NameAndPathGUI () (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderEditor.cs:104)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.RecorderEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderEditor.cs:70)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.RecorderWindow.OnRecorderSettingsGUI () (at Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs:855)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:280)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

10. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @calvinstreeting,

Your log might suggest you are not using the last version of Recorder.
    So a first try would be to update Recorder to the last version available and Unity to its last minor version.

If that does not resolve your issue, please open a new thread and add the "recorder" tag on it so we can discuss this more efficiently.

Please also provide those information :
    - Unity version
    - OS version
    - Recorder version
    - Other package your are using (HDRP ? Timeline ?)

Does this happens in an empty project ?

11. marwi

marwi

In RecorderController.cs is a check for errors which is fine but you forgot to Log the errors when I actually have them:

And just out of curiousity: Why do you mark methods like ValidityCheck as internal?

12. PwC-CZ

PwC-CZ

Hi folks,

360 Capture problem: In the scene I am using particle systems (smoke), but these aren't recorded on 360 images / video. When using 2D, everything is captured as expected. Any idea, how to solve it?

Looking forward to Your suggestions,
    Martin

13. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @marwi !
    Indeed, thanks for reporting. One char fix should make the cut for next release.

I guess because we didn't want it to be accessible until a proper API is defined.

Right now Recorder's public API is minimalist, it allows to create Recorder instances, set them up and trigger the Record, only.

We plan to extend this API to allow users to extend Recorder type (and be able to create new type of Recorders, outside of Recorder package). So we will have to define which functions to publicly expose and probably refactor a bit in order to have an API that allows flexibility but is also coherent and stable.

14. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @PwC-CZ,

Indeed this is a bug. It needs investigation, I added an issue in our backlog.
    Can't give you an ETA yet.

Sorry about that and thanks for reporting !

15. calvinstreeting

calvinstreeting

Hi.. Fixed my issue thanks for tip on posting in dif forum. :)

but i have another question: I know recorder cannot be scripted at run time, but can it be scripted in the editor to dump out 86 + animations of a map ? please say yes as really dont want to click record that many times :)

16. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @calvinstreeting,

There's an API that allows to create recorders and set them up.

You can import the sample codes on Recorder package page in Package Manager window.

17. calvinstreeting

calvinstreeting

ok looking at the api, seems simple enough... but led to another question

I have a loop that takes a list of corods and moves camera to x posistion and dump out the video
    "controllerSettings.SetRecordModeToTimeInterval(0,120);" for a 2 min loop and move onto next but when you call

"m_RecorderController.StartRecording();"

it dosn't wait for completion the code carries on so i put a loop in like this

Code (CSharp):
    1. m_RecorderController.StartRecording();
    2. do
    3. {
    4.     Console.WriteLine("doing stuff");
    6. } while (m_RecorderController.IsRecording());
    7. m_RecorderController.StopRecording();
    it dosnt stop :( as StopRecording need to be pressed so that IsRecording is say i havet stoped it yet :)

is there a metod to make it wait until done etc?

Many thanks

18. BATTLEKOT

BATTLEKOT

I can render video with hinger bitrate like 20.000 ?

19. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @calvinstreeting,

I doubt this can work with Recorder implementation, cause Recording session is related to play mode.

But I would try to do it the other way around : set-up cameras and Recorders with tagged camera capture target, and then start the Recording session.

Code (CSharp):
    2. For position in list of positions
    3.     Create new camera, place it to position, and tag it
    4.     Create a Recorder that capture the tagged camera
    5. Start Recording
    I did quick test, setting up 86 Movie Recorders and then start a recording session of few seconds. It worked.
    The bottleneck will probably be when your 2 minutes recording session stops, as it then will need to write all final movies. It finished withing 15 seconds on my laptop.

If that doesn't work, please open a new thread and be more specific about what exactly you are trying to do. There are might be other solutions considering your use case.

calvinstreeting likes this.
  20. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @BATTLEKOT,

Not sure what hinger means, but right now, only legacy MP4 / Webm Recorders offer a bitrate field. Their main limitation is no audio capture is available.
    To access legacy Recorders, you need to enable the option in Window > General > Recorder > Options > Show Legacy Recorders.

BATTLEKOT likes this.
  21. mikemonroe_oc

mikemonroe_oc

Hi, I have a specific setup that is relying on the Capture: Game View setup from Recorder's UI panel. I'm trying to move this to a scripted recording, however I'm noticing that I can't specify Game View as a source in the CameraInputSettings init.

Code (CSharp):
    2.         imageRecorder.imageInputSettings = new CameraInputSettings
    3.         {
    4.             source = ImageSource.MainCamera,
    5.             outputWidth = 2560,
    6.             outputHeight = 720,
    7.             captureUI = false
    8.         };
    11. public enum ImageSource
    12. {
    13. ActiveCamera = 1,
    14. MainCamera = 2,
    15. TaggedCamera = 4
    16. }
    Am I missing something obvious here? Is there a way to do this via script?

22. marwi

marwi

Well right now it feels like a madeup barrier - I'd rather take into account changing APIs due to preview state or major changes in the package than having to hack around a not exposed API.
    If you're concerned about users being upset about API changes you could either add a note in the method descriptions and/or add a custom compiler warning.

For example you create a List of Recording Session Cameras that I can not access because the Session class is private and the List itself is internal.
    Additionally Recording a normal ImageFrame with Manual Mode, StartRecording and EndRecording in HDRP 6.9.1

I tried to reproduce that in the "CaptureScreenShotExample". Clicking Play in an empty scene throws:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
    2. System.IO.Path.Combine (System.String path1, System.String path2) (at <a8ed250850854b439cedc18931a314fe>:0)
    3. UnityEngine.Recorder.Examples.CaptureScreenShotExample.OnEnable () (at Assets/Samples/Unity Recorder/2.0.2-preview.3/Screenshot Capture Sample/CaptureScreenShotExample.cs:35)
    because of "DefaultWildcard.Take"

23. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Recorder 2.0.3-preview.1 has been released yesterday.

Here's the change log:
    * iOS Cloud build fails with an `exportArchive: Code signing "fccore.bundle" failed` error
    * Recorder Clip with a Targeted Camera input gives black images with HDRP
    * In 2019.3, HDRP is out of experimental and namespace was renamed
    * Recorder settings warnings were not displayed in the console at recording start
    * Massive documentation update
    * Fixed "NullReferenceException" errors related to changes in GameView in 2019.3.0b1.

Let us know if you encounter any new issues with that version.

Jean

KarlKarl2000 and BATTLEKOT like this.
  24. KarlKarl2000

KarlKarl2000

Hi @marief_unity

Thanks a lot for clarifying things. If I may ask, what do you think the chances are that "recording at runtime" can become a priority? :)

Thank you!

25. AquaGhost

AquaGhost

@jean_unity_film_tv
    In 2019.3.0b1 package manager won't let us update beyond 2.0.2. Is there somewhere else to get it?

26. deltamish

deltamish

Where can I find latest Unity Recorder ?

Its not displayed in package menu(After getting all packages from the server) and one from asset store throws 68+ errors.
    I am running on Windows 10 and Unity 2019.2

27. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

This is strange... can you send a screenshot of the package manager UI showing the Unity Recorder Page with see all version option.

Regards,

Jean

28. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Make sure that you enabled the Show Preview Package in the Advanced menu.

Jean

29. AquaGhost

AquaGhost

@jean_unity_film_tv
    we do have preview enabled. Here is the package mgr. We are on 2019.3.0b1

packagemrg2.png

30. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

This is strange... Could you provide us with your manifest.json file that you can find in the ProjectName/Packages/manifest.json, also if you could add the Editor.log file that would be useful.

Jean

31. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi detamish, the unity recorder available from the asset store is for versions prior to 2018.3, now the latest version is available as preview from the package manager, you need to enable the show preview package from the Advanced menu in order to see the Unity Recorder package.
    upload_2019-9-4_15-40-23.png

32. AquaGhost

AquaGhost

@jean_unity_film_tv Ok that was a good hint. I looked at the manifest compared to a blank project. This project was auto-imported from unity 2019.1.5
    For some reason the manifest has registry: https://staging-packages.unity.com, and the blank one didnt have that line... so i removed that, and it let me see all the newer stuff. This must be either something I missed in the upgrade guide, or maybe it doesnt happen in auto update.

33. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @AquaGhost, glad we could find the issue!
    The staging-packages.unity.com was used previously in the process of promoting a build to production, this is not the case anymore. New version of packages are no longer published in this "registry", this explained why you could not see the latest version of the unity recorder package.

Regards,

Jean

34. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

If anyone looking for a runtime solution, please have a look at "Cross Platform Replay Kit" . This works on iOS and Android with unified API with file access.

KarlKarl2000 likes this.
  35. BATTLEKOT

BATTLEKOT

Do you know how to record video with alpha background on HDRP 6.9.1. Unity 2019.2.2f1 ?
    Camera settings upload_2019-9-8_16-0-4.png
    Scene settings
    upload_2019-9-8_16-1-2.png
    Render settings
    upload_2019-9-8_16-2-10.png

Attached Files:

36. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi Battlekot,

With HDRP you can record the alpha using the AOV recorder. The AOV recorder is available in package manager as a preview package.

AOVRecorder_add_aov_image_sequence.png AOVRecorder_select_aov_to_export.png

37. sacb0y

sacb0y

I can't record EXR images

All i get is this Error

upload_2019-9-11_2-17-51.png

38. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @sacb0y,

In order to help us find the issue could you provide us more information about this problem?

What unity version are you using?
    Which version of the unity recorder (you can see the version number in the package manager)?
    What are your recording options, capture type, from the recorder windows or from the timeline?
    On which platform? Windows/OSx/Linux which os version?
    In the project settings/Player/Other Settings what is the Rendering Color Space* (Linear or Gamma)
    Which rendering pipeline are you using Legacy or one the scriptable render pipeline?

Finally if you could you provide a small project that can reproduce this problem it would be very helpful.

Regards,

Jean

39. sacb0y

sacb0y

Unity 2018.4.4
    2.0.3-preview1
    image sequence and i tried both timeline and window got empty EXR files from both
    linear color space
    Legacy

I'll see about getting a project

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  40. WagDan

WagDan

Any plans to make it work at run-time, if so any idea of time scale?

41. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @sacboy,

Thanks for the information, I was able to reproduce the problem.
    This is a problem with Unity 2018.4.4 and recorder 2.0.3-preview.1, I have created a bug with the following id (FTV-296) in our internal bug database.

For your information, I also tested the same project with unity version 2019.1 and above. This issue is already resolved in these releases.

Regards,

Jean

42. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @WagDan,

This is definitely on our radar, but at this point we can't provide you a precise time scale.

Regards,

Jean

KarlKarl2000 likes this.
  43. Gmora7

Gmora7

Temporal AntiAliaing TAA doesn't seem to be working when using the "Frame Interval" recorder.
    Is there a solve for this?

44. cgraf1

cgraf1

Hi folks,

I am having trouble getting Unity Recorder to work on 2019.3.0a7. I have used Unity Recorder many times on 2018, but have had no success since it was moved to the Package Manager. I am installing the latest version, but I keep getting errors and no options on the recorder window. Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.32.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.33.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.33.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.33.58 PM.png

45. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @cgraf1,

Unity recorder 2.0.3-preview.1 fix a problem that was introduced after the version that you are using 2019.3.0a7 for 2019.3b1 and above. So if you upgrade to unity version 2019.3.0b3 available here https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/2019.3#downloads. Then Unity recorder 2.0.3-preview.1 will work correctly.

Alternatively you can use Unity recorder 2.0.2-preview.3 this should work with 2019.3.0a7, but I suggest you upgrade to the latest beta of unity instead.

Regards,

Jean

46. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @Gmora7,

Here on the windows platform, with unity 2019.30b3, unity recorder version 2.0.3-preview.1 and HDRP 7.0.1. I can confirm that it is working to record a GameView capture with TAA enabled, using the Frame Interval record mode.

In order to help us find the issue could you provide us more information about this problem?

What unity version are you using?
    Which version of the unity recorder (you can see the version number in the package manager)?
    What are your recording options, capture type, from the recorder windows or from the timeline?
    In the project settings/Player/Other Settings what is the Rendering Color Space* (Linear or Gamma)
    Which rendering pipeline are you using Legacy or one the scriptable render pipeline?

Finally if you could you provide a small project that can reproduce this problem it would be very helpful.

Regards,

Jean

47. cgraf1

cgraf1

Unfortunately, neither of these solutions worked for me.

Downloading the 2.0.2-preview.3 version of Unity Recorder had the same results for 2019.3.0a7

I then downloaded the .0b3 beta and I get a bunch of errors relating to 2D Sprite package. When I imported the latest Unity Recorder, it did even less than before. I see the folder in packages, but cannot open a recorder window. It is not where it normally is and does not appear on searching.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 10.35.28 AM.png

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  48. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @cgraf1,

Here are a few suggestions:

First make a backup of your project.
    If you have made local modifications to your Packages/manifest.json file, save them in a separate file to re-apply them as needed.

In unity 2019.3.b3 use the option Help->Reset Packages to defaults.
    If this does not work then exit unity and try to delete your project Library folder. This will require to re-import all the assets and packages from scratch?

Also could you answer the following questions In order to help us find the issue:

Can you provide us your manifest.json file.

Regards,
    Jean

Jean

cgraf1 likes this.
  49. cgraf1

cgraf1

Everything worked once I went to 2019.3.b3 and Reset Packages to default. I do not believe I changed anything in the manifest.json file.

To answer your questions. I am on OSx, Rendering Color Space is Gamma, using a Legacy pipeline, and the manifest.json is attached.

Instead of backing up the project, I simply made a new one with imported assets. It is a small prototype, so it wasn't a big deal. In that version, I used 2019.3.b3 and added the latest Unity Recorder and everything worked. With that in mind, I am not sure I could reproduce the problem since it worked when making a whole new project. I could try changing it to 2019.3.0a7 if you like.

Hope this is all useful. Thank you again for your help

Best,
    Chris

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 1.56.05 PM.png

50. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @cgraf1,

Glad to help out, and happy to read that you found a working configuration!
    Since 2019.3.0a7 is an early alpha, I don't think it would be useful to do further investigations.

Regards,

Jean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.