Search Unity

Question Unity Recorder stops jitter issue

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by v4d3n, Feb 7, 2021.

1. v4d3n

v4d3n

So I've been trying to solve a jitter issue with moving an objected with a follow camera. (The object jitters, not the camera)
    Feels like I've done everything. Currently using physics for movement.

So I installed Recorder from the Package Manager in hopes of playing a recording frame by frame to see the problem.

When I hit record, my jitter issue instantly goes away and everything runs great...

What might the recorder be doing that "fixes" my jitter?

Edit: I just noticed the jitter occurs for target FPS above 50...

2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Unity Recorder doesn't do anything that would affect the physics of your scene: it captures images from the camera or GameView.

Do you have a project or script that can reproduce the issue?

3. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

My guess is that you've got physics and kinematics fighting over the position of the object (happens with skinnedmesh models too where the animation fights with IK), or other ways to set the position of gameobjects. In normal usage this would probably be fixed with a Late Update having the final say on the object's position, or cleaning up the conflicting controllers.

I believe Recorder is giving you cleaner (more determinative) frames, essentially running all directives before pausing to capture each frame.

unitybru likes this.
  4. v4d3n

v4d3n

I did correct this issue, but I'm not exactly sure which change I made corrected it. I refactored a lot of code.
    I believe it was because I made changes to the transform while physics was in play.

unitybru likes this.