Search Unity

Video Unity Recorder speeds up and slows down mid-recording

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jak4694, Dec 2, 2020.

1. jak4694

jak4694

I've been trying out the Unity Recorder to record gameplay for my mobile game within the editor. I'm running into an issue with the final MP4 where the audio and video aren't always in sync. For example, I have a 3, 2, 1 countdown in my game, and in the final recording the audio gets to 1 while the video is still on 2, then the audio goes much slower while the video catches up. Overall the recording of this 3 second countdown lasts around 4 seconds, which ruins the otherwise high quality video.

I've made some adjustments to the settings to better suit the project's needs, but it still consistently has this issue. Does anyone know how to fix this (or have an alternative method of recording mobile gameplay for a trailer)?

AlejMC likes this.
  2. AlejMC

AlejMC

Let me add to that that it actually happens on many levels.
    For example, a video texture playback inside the game, while it plays normally during playmode (might take let's say 10s, the duration of that video asset), but if the video is played with the Unity Recorder active the video might play in about 0.5s showing mostly the last frame of the video during the best part of those 10s that it supposed to take.

So something is definitely happening when playing audio, video, etc assets with the Unity Recorder active.

EDIT: just in case it matters. I'm Unity 2020.3.0f1, have tried all recorders out there, from the verified ones to the latest experimental.

GeniusKoala likes this.
  3. GeniusKoala

GeniusKoala

I have the same issue. I can't record video with sound or just the sound without it to be speed up...

Please if someone has a workaround. Our audio is very speed up and is out of sync with the video (an alembic playing)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021