Search Unity

Question [Unity recorder] recording 8K movies with delaying screenspace calculations

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Rensoburro_Taki, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

Is there a way to delay the writing of the png's when using <image renderer> in recorder? I use screen space effects that need more calculation time, because all images are rendered in 8K png's. Else a ghosting effect from the previous frame happens. I would need to say the recorder to delay the writing of each frame for "x" seconds. As a non programmer I can only ask here

Thanks in advance

2. vladala

vladala

Unity Technologies

Maybe the accumulation might help you here:
    When using HDRP with recorder 3.0.0+, you can enable accumulation: You can specify the amount of subframes the recorder would render before producing it's final output: by specifying the shutter profile, you can make the recorder use only the last frames.

No idea if this would work :)

3. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

I guess this is only possible in HDRP? Because I work only with built-in.

I found the documentation to it. https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...high-definition@14.0/manual/Accumulation.html

Would it be possible to tell the recorder via script to wait after each frame for a given time = "x" seconds before he writes the image to the ssd? That would be all I need.

My case is I use screen space raytracing scripts in each scene that simply need more time to render the new frame and delete the ghosting from the previous frame. However, the problem is similar to the accumulation topic here, where the solution is a different one.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/recorder-accumulation-feature.1125257/
    I have to admit that motion blur is still an issue for me. However, I would do without the motion blur as long as the screen space raytrace works.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022