Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Unity Recorder - Particle Pack - png sequence with alpha not working as expected

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ghtx1138, Aug 14, 2020.

1. ghtx1138

ghtx1138

I am trying to export an explosion from the Unity Particle Pack as a png image sequence with transparency.

Any advice to get this working would be greatly appreciated. Happy to answer any question or perform any experiment/ ritual on kittens to get it working.

Unity 2019.4.4f1, Unity Recorder 2.2.0

Here you can see my setup. 2 cubes, have set alpha on solid background for camera

Setup.png

And here is the output.It looks like the particles are not rendering to png with alpha properly when on top of an alpha background. However you can see the particles in front of the cubes.

Testimage_0041.png

Recorder.png

2. Red-Sprites

Red-Sprites

I'm not sure if you're still interested, but:

I was able to get a work around in another program. I saved 2 separate animations; one with a black background, then one with a white back ground. Next, I would layer the two animations in another video-compositing software, "Hitfilm Express", if you're interested. I then set the blend mode of the animation-layer with the "black background" to "lighten" and the animation-layer with the "white background" to "darken".

https://imgur.com/a/3hvUwO5

calmrice3 likes this.
  3. haochen1991

haochen1991

Hi, Don't care background if you want to export png sequence for animation,then create a material and select shader: Particles/Standard Unlit,Rendering Mode: Additive,Color Mode:Multiply
    It's work for me!

4. cyanspark

cyanspark

Just recording particles in unity recorder. works fine.
    I set the particle/renderer "order in layer" to 25, the particle label to the visible layer, and used color and alpha settings in the "color over lifetime" setting.