Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Unity Recorder movie output is too fast

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hedgefield, Apr 19, 2019.

1. hedgefield

hedgefield

Hey there,

I'm using the Unity Recorder 2.0.0-preview6 package with Unity 2018.3.8f1 on Windows 10, and I'm having some trouble with the movie output speed. When I render an MP4, the resulting video footage is faster than it should be when played in the editor, while the audio track is at the correct speed. For example, I have one recorder clip set up to record 10 seconds of the timeline in 4k. The resulting video output is 8 seconds. What's even weirder, is that when I set the output to 1080p, the resulting video is 6 seconds.

Here is my setup:
    - I have one timeline in my scene, set to 30 FPS.
    - The Playable Director is set to update on the DSP clock, because the timeline is animated to an audio track.
    - I use a mixture of activation tracks, animation tracks with clips, and animation tracks recorded inline.
    - I have a RecorderClip set up in the timeline to output a 1080p MP4. Settings are shown in the screenshot.

cc @marief_unity

Attached Files:

2. pintianz

pintianz

Having the same problem. The recorded video is way too fast. The video was designed to be in sync with the background music, but the recorded version is out of sync with audio playing at normal speed.
    Unity 2018.3.14,
    Recorder ver. 2.0.1-preview.1
    Record format: mp4
    Constant playback, Film(24), cap
    @marief_unity