Search Unity

Video Unity Recorder issue when using Post Processing Stack 2

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Slowglowing, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Slowglowing

Slowglowing

I'm starting a new project using Unity 2019.2.2f1 on Mac OS 10.14.6 with the latest Post Processing stack (2.1.7). I can use Unity Recorder (2.0.2) to successfully capture a movie of a game window, but whenever I try using Recorder to capture a PNG image sequence (for a non-codec-compressed output), the resulting PNGs are rendered incorrectly... with some elements ending up as transparent or what looks like alpha channel?

Here's an example of a recorded movie with Post Processing enabled:

Here's a screen capture of the PNG from the image sequence recording with Post Processing enabled:

https://slowglowing.com/vault/UnityScreenshot.png

And here's a PNG from the image sequence recording WITHOUT Post Processing enabled:

https://slowglowing.com/vault/UnityRecordWithoutPostProcessing_0000.png

(I'm including the PNG URLs because the forum doesn't seem to want to embed the images)

Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  2. Slowglowing

Slowglowing

AH! I figured it out... I saw that the "Capture Alpha" option was greyed out, so assumed it was not going to capture the alpha channel. It turns out, however, that it WILL record the alpha channel if your capture is set to "game view". I switched the capture setting to "targeted camera", and then the "Capture Alpha" option activated. Leave it unchecked and the resulting PNGs are RGB only (no alpha).

AlterMannn likes this.
  3. Varesian

Varesian

This solution helped my get past my current block. Thanks!

However, by selecting "targeted camera," all UI text is now missing. Has anyone been able to record with no alpha and also with UI text?