Search Unity

Question Unity Recorder is not capturing Post Processing Volume in URP

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RyanKeable, May 19, 2020.

1. RyanKeable

RyanKeable

I have a simple scene where I am trying to capture some video of our logo.

The recorder does not seem to apply the PP effects on the camera when recording.

When I run the scene, the PPV shows up just fine. It also shows up just fine in the editor when enabled.

Is there some trick I am missing to make sure the recorder captures PPV?

Hierarchy:
    upload_2020-5-19_14-53-52.png

Camera:
    upload_2020-5-19_14-55-4.png

PPV:

upload_2020-5-19_14-54-25.png

RECORDER:

upload_2020-5-19_14-56-41.png

Attached Files:

2. cguertin

cguertin

Unity Technologies

Hi @anomalousinteractive! Unfortunately this looks like a bug with the Recorder in "Target Camera" mode with URP.

If possible in your situation, could you try changing the Recorder's "Capture" mode to "Game View" instead? I just ran some tests and it looks like the Post-processing is properly applied in that mode. If you only have one camera in your scene you should be able to get the same result as "Target Camera" right away.

This is definitely not the expected behavior though, I've logged this bug for our team to investigate further.

Cheers!

3. RyanKeable

RyanKeable

Hi thanks for that. setting it to gameview did allow for PP to be captured correctly.

However I have identified additional bugs:

• Targeted Camera does not capture alpha when enabled to do so. The result image open in photoshop shows no alpha channel whatsoever
    upload_2020-5-26_15-14-38.png
    upload_2020-5-26_15-15-59.png

• Setting the TargetedCamera to Main Camera of Active Camera results in nothing being captured, even when there is only 1 camera in scene

Please help, we very much require Alpha for our marketing materials.

4. andrei2002

andrei2002

Unity 2020.1 still has the same issue. Unfortunately for me switching to Game View doesn't work because I have multiple cinamchine cameras.

5. AlterMannn

AlterMannn

I have to record 360 View video and has the same issue. I tried some other recorders from asset store but none of them recording post processing. But game view works on 2019.3.14f1.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

Is this bug still around? I just installed URP and all the gif animations I'm tryng to make with Recorder are black.

7. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

before i venture in the awesome world of offline rendered cinematic, was this ever fixed for urp 8?
    i render pp using a renderfeature instead of unity's pp volume

8. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

GIF export has been removed from Recorder since 3.0.0-pre.1 for multiple reasons: maintaining legacy code, low usage, and the possibility of doing this using other tools.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Which ones?

10. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

I can't recommend other tools but if you look for MP4 to GIF in your favourite search engine, you'll get a nudge in the right direction.
    Some solutions exist online, others are command line tools.

11. ErdTod

ErdTod

When recording from an empty project in URP with just recorder package added - the output still doesn't have alpha, turning post-process off doesn't change that.

Empty 3D project (non-URP), however, outputs with alpha.

12. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Please post a screenshot of your Recorder settings (codec, source, checkboxes)

13. SavedByZero

SavedByZero

I believe this bug or one like it is still around in Unity 2020.3.24. I’m making a 2.5D game and trying to record a sprite of a volumetric line laser blast (from the unity package example), using image sequence, targeted camera and “include alpha” checked (I need a transparent background, of course). The glow does not get captured, only the solid white line at the center.

14. shibi2017

shibi2017

2022 not fix yet? and image sequence also no postprocessing

15. o1o101

o1o101

Not fixed, 360 mode image sequence doesn't include post processing.