Search Unity

Question Unity Recorder for 360 depth video

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Shanmy, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Shanmy

Shanmy

Hi! I'm new to this forum so let me know if I'm posting something with the wrong format here. :)

I'm trying to record a 360-degree depth video in my Unity scene, but the resulting video is all black. I'm writing a specific shader for my depth camera that works fine.

It turns out that
    - Recording with RGB camera in 360-degree works well.
    - Recording with the depth camera, but in GameView mode (perspective camera) works well.

Only when I start recording with a depth camera and 360 View mode everything is all black. Below is the setting of my recorder. When I use GameView for Source it works but when it's 360 View it breaks. Any thoughts on what's happening here will be appreciated!

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 8.16.41 PM.png

2. unity_7B7FCC2E6C8E17B17BAF

unity_7B7FCC2E6C8E17B17BAF

Unity Technologies

Hi Shanmy,

We're having trouble replicating the bug on our end. Can you please provide more information about your setup? This includes your version of Unity and Recorder, and details about the implementation of your depth camera.

In the meantime, you could also double-check your camera settings for rendering in 360-degree mode. Experimenting with adjustments like the near/far clipping planes or field of view may also be helpful.