Search Unity

Bug Unity recorder dont works for 360 content creators

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by athosrojas, Nov 4, 2021.

1. athosrojas

athosrojas

since the hdrp 7 unity recorder doesn't work correctly with 360. at the beginning of my tests with hdrp two years ago the 360 stereoscopic function just didn't work. with the addition of raytracing it never worked with 360 it's screen space effects like reflections or gi or motion blur. what impressed me is that someone reported this problem years ago that the recorder doesn't generate stereoscopic 360 effect in hdrp and someone in the development team didn't even know about this bug. with this latest release the recorder is back up and running with several hdrp features on the unity 2021.2 but it still doesn't generate 360 stereoscopic, and doesn't accept motion blur. before that I ask: how many more years do I need to wait to be able to generate 360 stereoscopic content with recorder? since this issue comes from hdrp 7 or more? when will recorder 360 support motion blur and raytracing ?

2. antoinecharton

antoinecharton

Unity Technologies

Hello athosrojas,

Stereoscopic option is not supported by the recorder with SRPs (HDRP, URP). It's on our radar but I can't give you an estimate when it can be fixed. However it's noted that is a fix some people need.
    For motion blur and raytracing can you tell us what issue you encountered? Can you give us a little bit more infos of your settings and maybe a screenshot or a video of your recording would help us to identify the issue. Also which version of the recorder are you using?

Thank you for your feedback let us know for the raytracing and motion blur effect :)

3. athosrojas

athosrojas

With normal video motion blur is working with 360 ( monoscopic ) not.
    actualy all raytracing temporal effects is working like a charm, DlSS included. so i dont have any reason to complain. but for 360 recorder is a shame, if you guys think ppl dont want to produce
    360 stereo content or 360 with raytracing, put the function out, so ppl dont pass what i pass, and go direct to correct solution , unreal...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  4. athosrojas

athosrojas

now i need to say a few things.
    how does unity allow a product to exit the preview, or be ready for commercial use, without all the functions that the product offers are not working? I lost months because I started a project to produce a 3d animated series, in 360 stereoscopic with this function in unity recorder. if you think people don't need it. remove the function, I wasted months looking in asset store for recorders that offer the function and the vast majority are based on unity recorder and have the same problem. currently two scripts do the job. VR Panorama 360 Pro Render (with some caveats, does not allow the use of tonemapping based effects and does not support motion blur )
    and Panorama 180 render, which despite being super fast and supporting all HDRP effects including motion blur and tonemapping, has stiching issues on 360, * the 180 is perfect. just to register for users who want to produce immersive 360 content with stereoscopy for vr, oculus tv, veer etc.

Ps none scripts alow 360 stereo and raytracing actualy so if you want produce some360 stereo content with raytracing GO TO UNREAL!

5. phila666

phila666

6. antoinecharton

antoinecharton

Unity Technologies

Hello Phila,

It was added to the known issues section of 3.0.3 and 4.0.0 pre3 (It's very recent). Let us know if this is not representative of the limitations you experienced. We will do our best to make it as accurate as possible.

7. athosrojas

athosrojas

Any News about this issue? i need to remember this problem with 360 stereoscopic renders its since HDRP 7

8. athosrojas

athosrojas

9. FloBeber

FloBeber

10. JuanGuzmanH

JuanGuzmanH

11. Floris3003

Floris3003

12. cpkcpk

cpkcpk

Hi, any updates on this? It seems like it's still not possible to render stereoscopic 360 video in HDRP / URP with Unity Recorder 4.0 from the known issues list. Has anyone had any luck with VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer or Panorama180 Render in HDRP? Thanks!

13. adrianmeyerart

adrianmeyerart

Up.
    Would be very much needed.

14. adrianmeyerart

adrianmeyerart

For me VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer created lots of artefacts. Didn't work out.
    Also tried other plugins that didn't work, or had incorrect 360 Stereo 3D.

cpkcpk likes this.
  15. cpkcpk

cpkcpk

Bump. Stereoscopic 360 is still not supported in Unity Recorder 5.0 after 5 years of SRPs, so any news would be appreciated @antoinecharton

With Unity's recent collaboration with Apple, I would expect to be able to render stereoscopic content for Vision Pro using URP/HDRP.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  16. antoinecharton

antoinecharton

Unity Technologies

Hello

I haven't been much in the loop for recorder lately but I could forward the request.

Have you tried the workaround suggested in the doc?

You can use a Tagged Camera for the recording. In your project, add a Tag to the camera you want to record through, and then in the Recorder Settings, select TaggedCamera and specify your camera's Tag.

It's something that worked in most use cases. Let us know if that works for you :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  17. cpkcpk

cpkcpk

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

That workaround seems to be just be for using a TaggedCamera instead of ActiveCamera in SRPs? I don't think that would help with rendering stereoscopic video.

This is the part of the doc I'm referring to:
    If you could forward the request for stereoscopic 360 recording, it would be much appreciated!

18. xald

xald

Hi, I have Unity 2022.3.6f1 and I am trying to get 360 video with Recorder 4.0.1.

First i kept getting a blurry image
    Image Sequence.png
    This issue was fixed buy adding Motion Blur override to Sky and Fog Global Volume and the Enable Intensity at 0.

The image is no more blurry, however, the issue now is that squares of the 360 cube map are now visible. I am not sure what the issue is but I get the same result no matter if I record as video/movie or as an image sequence.
    Image Sequence0006.jpg

Please have a fix for this as I want to benefit from amazing features of Unity 2202.3 and HDRP and at the same I want to record environment to make it playable on weak devices.

19. cpkcpk

cpkcpk

Bump. Any update on stereoscopic 360 for HDRP/URP?

20. antoinecharton

antoinecharton

Unity Technologies

Heyyo :)

To be completelly honnest with you no update. I restarted a discussion see if that's something we could reconsider but right now I can't make any promises :( .

21. JuanGuzmanH

JuanGuzmanH

+100 This is crutial for me!

22. athosrojas

athosrojas

The interesting thing is Actualy Unreal 5.3 offer native support for 360 and 180 stereoscopic render using any render. standard, lumen, raytracing, path tracing , you just chose what you need, and in unity since the creation of HDRP , stereoscopic just dont works. how many time with this issue? 10 years? OMG unity!

23. unity_871AAF715132B0E98781

unity_871AAF715132B0E98781

Very interesting. So much is written about this problem, and in the unity, they have it in their a..s. I'll probably try it on unreal

24. LT23Live

LT23Live

This has been an ongoing issue for years and definitely needs a solve. This is major for many people's workflows including mine now. The ability to record a 360 video is detrimental to the project i am working on. I swear by Unity but literally letting a problem like this persist for almost 3 years is unacceptable.

Pitou22 and JuanGuzmanH like this.
  25. JuanGuzmanH

JuanGuzmanH

My main two issues with Unity is the limited support for video/audio (like this one in this thread) and Unity Editor becoming slower and loading for very long time. Both issues has been there for years and are well known. Last year I had no other chance that starts learning Unreal.

26. LT23Live

LT23Live

I know unreal and its a nightmare to me. I like unity so much more. but this problem is giving me a sour taste.

27. LT23Live

LT23Live

Hi it has been half a year since the last check in... was there any good news?

28. strangerattractor

strangerattractor

UP
    we didn't see this issue until now, and our entire project hinges on this issue... and we already put in way too much work...