Search Unity

Question Unity Recorder <clip> feature request (for multiple clips in one recorder track/timeline)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by akent99, Nov 8, 2020.

1. akent99

akent99

I am using the Unity Record preview package to write out MP4 files for different "recorder clips". I am trying to create a "web story" (https://stories.google/) where each page can contain a short video clip. So instead of one long clip, I want to generate say 20 to 30 short clips. (Each clip will go on a "page" of the "story".)

Currently I number them by hand. Is there a special name that counts up from 1 for each recorder clip in a timeline? It is a pain at present to add a new clip in - I have to re-sequence all the existing recorder clips by hand (update the filename field). I really want something like a <clip> where it starts from 1 and increments each new recorder clip encountered while playing through the various (possibly nested) timelines.

Is there such a setting? If not, how do I submit a feature request?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Hi,

there is no wildcard now that resolves to the "sequential number" of a Recorder Clip within a given timeline.
    I'll log your feature request but I can't promise anything because there is already a good workaround: doing it by hand and it doesn't seem like a high pain issue.

If you want, you can always use the Recorder API to script the creation of the clips and assign the different names based on the order of the Recorder Clips.

Regards,
    Bruno