Search Unity

Resolved Unity Recorder Bug (Objects not showing)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Deleted User, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

[SOLVED / I MAY BE COLORBLIND]
    I'm making a 2D platformer.
    I have a script which generates 2D "shadows" at runtime for every single game objects, in a certain sorting layer, and with a -0.1 offset on the y axis and a 0.1 offset on the x axis, plus all the generated shadows have a material with a plain color set to the color of the camera background but with less brightness.
    When I run the playtest, everything works fine, the game objects for the shadows are generated correctly and gets offset as they should, behind the objects, with the correct offset and the correct color.
    When I record, however, everything looks fine again on the playtest window in Unity, but in the exported video, everything is shown correctly but the shadows are not, they are not shown at all...
    I believe this is a bug, maybe due to the fact that the game objects for the shadows are generated at runtime?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2021
  2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Can you please provide a screenshot of your Recorder settings?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Turned out the colors on the exported video look weird, and I posted this too quickly :/
    I just realized the shadows are actually showing and rendering correctly in every video I tried to record, so I was wrong about the "bug", but they are brighter than what it looks in the playtest, plus the color of the background seems to get darker, so in the recorded video they look like they are almost the the same color, hence I tought the shadows weren't even showing.
    I don't think the unity recorder settings can help with this.

Sorry for the unnecessary post, and thank you @unitybru for trying to help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2021
    unitybru likes this.
  4. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Odd eyes indeed! Cheers