Search Unity

Question Unity Recorder and 360 Video Error

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ibewuludun, Sep 29, 2020.

1. ibewuludun

ibewuludun

Hello,

I'm continuously having this problem and am desperate for a solution. Whenever I try to use the Unity Recorder with the 360 view, I am met with this error for every frame:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Recorder.Input.Camera360Input.NewFrameReady (UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.recorder@2.3.0-preview.3/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Inputs/Camera360/Camera360Input.cs:72)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.Recorder.SignalInputsOfStage (UnityEditor.Recorder.ERecordingSessionStage stage, UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.recorder@2.3.0-preview.3/Editor/Sources/Recorder.cs:201)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession.RecordFrame () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.recorder@2.3.0-preview.3/Editor/Sources/RecordingSession.cs:127)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I am attempting to record a 360 video for my degree project and time is of the essence. I appreciate any insight whatsoever. All references I could find to the problem only were never solved.

Thank you!

2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

How are you recording? Via the Recorder Window? Please include a screenshot of your configuration.
    I just tried it and it works.

From the call stack, it looks like the targetCamera of the 360 input is null. Do you have a MainCamera?

3. admnov

admnov

Hello,

I am trying to create 360 video by Unity Recorder too. It is a project on Oculus Quest. A there is the same error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Recorder.Input.Camera360Input.NewFrameReady (UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.recorder@2.3.0-preview.3/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Inputs/Camera360/Camera360Input.cs:72)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.Recorder.SignalInputsOfStage (UnityEditor.Recorder.ERecordingSessionStage stage, UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.recorder@2.3.0-preview.3/Editor/Sources/Recorder.cs:201)
    UnityEditor.Recorder.RecordingSession.RecordFrame () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.recorder@2.3.0-preview.3/Editor/Sources/RecordingSession.cs:127)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

My settings:
    upload_2020-10-6_13-14-32.png

Thanks for any advice...

4. Mizu-ya

Mizu-ya

Make sure the camera object tag is "Main Camera".

JumpingGuy likes this.
  5. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Thanks. That worked for me!

6. piavomende

piavomende

Hey, i tagged it to main camera but still it gives me this error.