Search Unity

Question Unity Recorder 2.5.4 on Windows keeps sending an error within the ProRes plugin scripts.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Blueysh, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Blueysh

Blueysh

Hello,

Yesterday, I attempted to install Unity Recorder into my project (Unity 2020.2). When I tried to open a Recorder window, I noticed that it was nowhere to be found. Looking into the console, I could see that it was giving me an error within the ProRes plugins/scripts, which hadn't happened before. I tried to remove the package and reinstall it and even downgraded my projects to 2019.4, but the issue persisted. I can't even enter Play Mode, and upon reopening the project I am told my project is unusable and that I should use Safe Mode. Is there any solution for this? If it helps, this project was transferred from macOS to a Windows machine.

Thanks!

2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Can you please provide us with screenshots of the Recorder Window and a copy/paste of the console messages?
    All the ProRes options work in Windows and we've tested 2020.2 extensively.
    One other thing to try is to run reimport all by right-clicking in the Project window. This will reimport all the packages and could take some time but it might reset any operating system migration issues.

3. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Also try closing the Recorder Window and opening it again. I think I saw this once if you upgraded the Recorder package while the window was open.

4. Blueysh

Blueysh

I'll try reimport all in a second. Meanwhile, here's the screenshot of my console.
    unityrecorder-error.PNG

It's showing here that "ProResWrapperHelpers" does not contain a definition for "SupportsCodecFormat".

I have no way of even accessing a Recorder Window.

5. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Your Windows project is running macOS code. Reimport should fix it. Otherwise, remove the package via Package Manager and reinstall it.

Blueysh likes this.
  6. Blueysh

Blueysh

Ran reimport all and removed the package and installed it again about twice, but I'm still getting that error.

7. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

OK try this:
    * close your Unity project and C# project
    * open your Packages/manifest.json file and remove the line that includes com.unity.recorder
    * delete your Library folder
    * reopen the project and add the Recorder package via the Package Manager

8. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Also, is this a Windows VM on a Mac? It shouldn't make a difference but I'm curious as to why the macOS preprocessor directives identify the project as running macOS standalone.

Code (CSharp):
    2. #if UNITY_STANDALONE_OSX
    3.             // Ensure that this codec format is supported, because on macOS we depend on AVFoundation in the OS
    4.             System.Text.StringBuilder sb = new System.Text.StringBuilder(128);
    5.             bool supported = ProResWrapperHelpers.SupportsCodecFormat(nCodecFormat, sb, sb.Capacity);
    6.             string sSupported = sb.ToString();
    8.             if (!supported)
    9.             {
    10.                 Debug.LogError(string.Format("Could not create file {0}: {1}", _rawVideoFilename, sb.ToString()));
    11.                 _encoderPtr = IntPtr.Zero;
    12.                 return;
    13.             }
    14. #endif

9. Blueysh

Blueysh

Nope, this was transferred directly from the Mac to the Windows machine.

10. Blueysh

Blueysh

It worked! Thank you very much!

unitybru likes this.
  11. s3656034

s3656034

I just went into my project folder Library/ PackageCache and deleted the com.unity recorder preview folder which was pointless anyway, must have been corrupted and I was able to build the mac file !