Search Unity

unity publish iOS archive failed use of undeclared identifier in unitynotificationmanager.m

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by MrMajorThorburn, Jun 13, 2021.

1. MrMajorThorburn

MrMajorThorburn

Trying for the first time to publish my app into iOS via Mac XCode and during Archive generation I got a Failed message and the above error.
    Item missing is
    UNAuthorizationStatusProvisional

Did I miss something from the
    Publishing for iOS - Unity Learn
    Steps?

Tried: adding definition of this as a BOOL in the associated h file did not resolve the "not defined" error message. Doing a find in project only found my definition and the line where the error occurred. I am lost now. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  2. rfadeev

rfadeev

Hi,

The problem is most probably because you are using Xcode 9 or earlier. This is a bug in Unity's mobile notifications package which has iOS code compatible only with Xcode 10 or later. They use API unsupported in Xcode 9 here and this causes the compilation error you are observing.

To fix it for your setup, go to
    UnityNotificationManager.m
    in Xcode and change
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (authorizationStatus == UNAuthorizationStatusProvisional)
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (authorizationStatus == (UNAuthorizationStatus)3)
    You will need to do that every time you export Xcode project from Unity.

For a long term fix, you can either update Xcode version or write build postprocessing script to change
    UnityNotificationManager.m
    automatically.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  3. MrMajorThorburn

MrMajorThorburn

Thank you that explains a lot for me.
    I also came a cropper with the app store minimal requirements so submitting and app for an older version is now blocked by those requirements so I have gone with xcode 12.