Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity project organisation access rights issue

Discussion in 'Unity Simulation' started by whiskers434, Jan 3, 2020.

1. whiskers434

whiskers434

Hi,

Just got added to the beta today and was running through the quick start tutorial and have found a possible issue I would like to highlight, mainly in case any else runs into it.

Following the quick start guide
    1. login auth works
    2. connect to a unity project - created a new 'unity simulation test' project
    3. define run - get error {"message":"Your account doesn't have access to Unity Simulation. Please visit https://unity.com/simulation to learn more."} - even tho I do and the login auth confirms that
    turns out when I created the new test project the org got set to the companies org, transferring the project to my personal org fixes the issue

I guess its my personal org that got the unity simulation access or with the other users in the company org it didn't like it, not sure.

Not sure what the long term plans are for handling access rights within orgs and projects for unity simulations

Its just a bit not user friendly when it gives you the full list of projects in the activate project but some of those might not be able to use unity simulations

~whiskers434

2. vivekmu

vivekmu

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed that can be confusing when working on multiple projects. We will take a look and see what is the best way to address it.

unityunity