Search Unity

Bug Unity/ProBuilder stalls on mesh edit / clicks

Discussion in 'World Building' started by cooperjknapp, Oct 16, 2022.

1. cooperjknapp

cooperjknapp

Hey Unity / ProBuilder team!
    I've been working on this small project in URP, and noticed that any time I make an edit, Unity stalls for a solid 10 seconds before finishing the action. We are working within Unity 2021.3.6f1, using ProBuilder version 5.0.6, using Perforce version control, and working within URP.

The types of things that cause a stall include: Moving a vertex/edge/face, selecting multiple vertex/edge/faces, deleting a vertex/edge/face, applying a texture, or really any other form of ProBuilder edit.

In terms of the exact window it stalls on is the "Waiting for Unity's code to finish executing" window. I've noticed that the subtext for the window either says Application.UpdateScene, Menu.Undo, or HierarchyWindow.Tick.

I'd love some assistance on getting this fixed! Since as it stands, it's virtually impossible getting any work done having to wait 10+ seconds after every click. Attached is a picture of the scene in case for some reason my geometry would be causing all the lag.

Thanks!

(Also side question, I always notice the Overrides window on a ProBuilder prefab constantly has tons of overrides that never go away even when applying / reverting. Is that normal?)

Attached Files:

2. israelz74

israelz74

Any update?