Search Unity

Question Unity, problem with android build on 120hz devices

Discussion in 'Android' started by Korczu, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Korczu

Korczu

I'm working on simple 2d project, sprites run from top to bottom and on standard phones (60hz) everything look smooth, but on s20+ (exynos 990 version) with 120hz on, sprites start gently tug, jumps, loosing smoothness. when i turn off 120hz refresh rate, game work perfect. at first move was based on while loop with yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame(); and that was causing another problem. if it was based on frames whole move was 2x faster, and game was unplayable. so i decided to build movement on void Update(), and turn on vSync, that solve 2x speed problem but it doesn't help with smooth lose,

I was trying to limit frame rate to 60 by Application.targetFrameRate = 60; with vSync on 0, same result.

so my question is: Is there any possibility to do something with it? Can i somehow tell phone to turn off 120hz refresh for time when my app is running? or maybe there is some option in unity settings that i don't know about, which can solve my misery. I'm really on the edge of mental breakdown now.

2. tarasrng

tarasrng

@Korczu I'm having the same issue, it looks like a unity bug.
    Have you found any workarounds so far?

3. Korczu

Korczu