Search Unity

Unity Pro Trial limitations - question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joaolasanha2, Dec 1, 2014.

1. joaolasanha2

joaolasanha2

Hello.
    So, there's gonna be a game making competition this weekend (Ludum Dare 31), and I thought it would be a good time to activate the Unity Pro Trial, which lasts for 30 days. I don't intend to sell the game (as everyone else), just show it to others, like any competition. However, I'm concerned about the 30-day trial limitations. Is it OK for me to make a game, then upload it to my website for free, so other people can play it? Can I even export/build a game while I'm on the Pro Trial? If any of you know, please answer this.

Thanks.

2. Joe-Robins

Joe-Robins

Unity Technologies

Hello,

We are actually supporting the LD31 this weekend so if you like you can use our trial license specifically intended for this Jam. The link will be appearing on the LD website probably this evening.

With regards to uploading webplayer builds you are fine to post your trial created games online to share for free. This is something we have supported since the early days of game jams. You are however not allowed to charge for/sell trial builds and all builds created with a Unity trial have the Unity trial watermark.

The EULA does look a little unclear in this instance and I'll get in touch with our legal team to try to make this clearer,
    The main point I would make is that we've been supporting game jams like the Global Game Jam and Ludum Dare for many, many years that require you to upload a trial build of your game in order to share with the community/for the judging process.

3. joaolasanha2

joaolasanha2

All right, thanks for clearing that out for me. I'll look on their website for the license.
    Thanks!