Search Unity

Unity Pro Trial Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apiweb, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Apiweb

Apiweb

I have a question about the 30-day period to test the Unity Pro
    Within these 30 days, I will have full access to all features of Unity?
    If I finish a game within those 30 days and want to release it? It will come with a watermark? Or warning? Or is prohibited to generate a game using this trial period Unity?

2. Hikiko66

Hikiko66

Prohibited. Evaluation purposes only.

3. Mauri

Mauri

Yes.

You won't be able to release it as it's prohibited. However, you can publish your game for internal testing purposes, but that's it. And yes, a watermark will appear in the right-bottom corner: "trial version".

Hint: If you can't afford Pro but you're a full-time student, try studica.com. They sell licenses with a discounted price.

4. smd863

smd863

You can't publish anything with the pro features, but while your trial is active you will get access to the profiler. Optimizing your code with the profiler is something that will carry benefits forward to when your license reverts to Unity Free.

It's best to save your trial until you're familiar with Unity and already have some game code written. Use the profiler to understand how efficiently your code is working. You can use it to improve your code and your understanding of Unity; all the other features will simply disappear when your trial expires.