Search Unity

Unity Pro & IOS Pro

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Fenryll, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Fenryll

Fenryll

Hi,

I am new to unity, but already fall in love with it. I am currently assessing what is the best plan for me to acquire pro: I will use pro to publish first on IOS then on Android.

Question: As I cannot afford 4500$ at a time, I was thinking to split it to three times 1500$. But I would like to know if I'll need iOs pro to test my game, using pro features, on my iOs devices, or if I can wait to purchase the iOs pro once I will be ready to publish on the App Store ?

thanks

Cyril

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

If you like to use the pro features on your export (for example on iOS) you have to own the pro license for that platform , independent of if you will use the export for the store or just for testing.

3. Fenryll

Fenryll

Thx!

I think that I'll schedule unity pro and iOs pro purchase on 2-3 months then :)

Last question, I am currently on the 30 days pro trial (the why I can no more switch back to free :p): is it "containing" the iOs pro ? Can I already start to test on iOs ?

4. Fenryll

Fenryll

Very last question: is it a good time to purchase unity ? If I purchase 4.6 now, will I be able to upgrade to 5 afterwards ?

5. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Not sure what you mean, but if you like to see what you currently have on pro / free platform for you license , you can go to Help -> About Unity (on windows) and see what your licenses contains in the trail

If you currently buy the Unity pro you will get:
    • All updates in the 5.x product cycle included for free
    So you have no need to worry about a upgrade to 5.x.
    You also get access to the 5.x beta versions.

6. Fenryll

Fenryll

Thanks for all, then I'll purchase the Pro once my trial expire (yeepee!!)

7. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Yes, we don't sell Unity 4.x anymore, every license is for 5.0 now and they are backwards compatible, so in a few months when you get round to buying a license, you can still use every past version of Unity as well as all the 5.x ones.

When you activate a trial it's only for Unity Pro, if you'd like a Pro trial for iOS and Android as well you can get in touch with your local sales rep http://unity3d.com/sales/finder