Search Unity

Unity pro culling help

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by wiseowlstudios, Aug 17, 2014.

1. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

Hi i recently got pro and have an issue of items in cameras view get culled
    I attached a screen first is with cul on second is off as you can see the wall counter and many other things go missing any ideas on why (i removed the roof and external incase it was just a camera angle but it had no effect)

It happens on my blacksmith area too is this because i used modular parts and it cant cull so many parts in a small area etc

edit: bake settings the default:

Attached Files:

• bug.jpg
      bug.jpg
      File size:
      633.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Have you checked if the objects which disappear are in a layer which is active in the camera's culling mask?

3. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

there all in default which the camera sees and when i move the camera left etc it shows some of the others bt removes some eg i turn to face left the shopkeeper pops out and the shelf infront pops in

4. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Do you use any special Assets or plugins which change the occ like SECTR or others? Can you reproduce it with a cubes?

5. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

no and ill try the cubes in a min but when its in a blank scene just building A etc it seems fine but in my main world where the area is like 2000 cubed it misses chunks etc
    also i noticed it doesn't have same options as the manual as im missing target resolution im not sure if this means im missing something or manuals out of date etc

im going to try rebake incase it missed anything first time as the player camera loads from a differant scene for main game

Also in visualise everything seems fine (terrain doesn't show but trees do but no big deal) but on play it seems to bug

6. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

Update: after rebaking the area it seems to be working it seems it may have been corrupt bake data

David-Berger likes this.