Search Unity

Unity Pro and windows 8.1...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by wheelbarrow, Feb 24, 2014.

1. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

As I mentioned in a earlier post, I'm running the full version of win 8.1, and the latest version of Unity Pro, and there are issues with them working together. I have noticed that if I forget to assign a gameobject to a variable in the inspector, when I run the scene, no warnings are issued in the console, the scripted gameobject just doesn't work, and I have to go look for the reason myself.

The majority (if not all) of script errors will show up in the console, but not simple things like I just mentioned. Having said that, some things really piss Unity off, and it freezes - case in point, I forgot to assign an audio source to a GO, and one is called for in the script, and it froze Unity; again, no console warnings, and I had to resort to using task manager to shut Unity down, reboot, and figure out the reason for the freeze-up.

I just migrated from my old win 7 (64 bit) rig to my new win 8.1 rig, and I had no such problems under win 7, yet if I use the same project under 8.1, it all goes pear-shaped.

Bit moot submitting this as a bug report, because I would think anyone could reproduce these things on any 8.1 machine, if I am correct in my assumption that win8.1 is the culprit...a project working under one OS and then not under another would suggest this is the case. Thanks for your time.

P.S. As an aside, I tried turning off my antivirus to see if it was interfering with Unity, but it made no difference.

Cheers.

2. Dominykas

Dominykas

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Could you report a bug with this information? Preferably after a freeze, so the Editor logs could contain any relevant information.

3. zezba9000

zezba9000

FYI You don't need Antivirus software on Windows8 as its built into the OS (Finally).