Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request 'Unity Premiere' Logo/Splash and Unity Game Store (ideas/suggestions)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RudyRG3D, Sep 22, 2023.

1. RudyRG3D

RudyRG3D

Hello,

I put this in the main announcement thread, in case it got gobbled up with everything else, I just wanted to add this here as a possible suggestion to @Unity, as I really liked how someone mentioned with how Unreal handles their splash screen, and since now the "made with Unity" splash is optional on 2023LTS and moving forward...perhaps Unity would consider implementing a "Unity Premiere" logo, with a disclaimer at the bottom that might mention something along the lines of "...games marked with 'Unity Premiere', are curated games selected by Unity that reach a certain level of quality to earn this Premiere ranking, etc..." (this would be earned and not paid for.)

This would be an awesome looking logo/splash screen too, that can be earned by anyone regardless of Unity version level (Personal, Pro, Executive). Developers can submit their games to Unity directly for consideration. I think this would incentivize people to make ambitious games, show what Unity (software) is capable of, and let hard work standout. Unity purchased some amazing tech from Weta and Ziva (both of which I am personally looking forward to using). I just thought it would be a great way to help developers and also gain support with Unity game engine.

In addition, maybe Unity can open a Unity Game Store, have categories for "All Games," "Unity Games," Unity Premiere Games" and/or any categories they want.

I think both are viable ways for Unity to make extra income, incentivize developers (as any outlet to show games off is great) and maybe just help out with things all-around. These seem like win-wins to me, so I just wanted to add it into the mix and see what people's thoughts are.

Thanks!