Search Unity

Unity prefabs not saving

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ThomHurks, Mar 21, 2012.

1. ThomHurks

ThomHurks

Hey,

I'm having an issue with prefabs in Unity. When I create a new prefab or save it, the prefab is not properly saved. When I open the prefab file in Notepad++, the prefab file only contains some default information, but not information about the components in the prefab. This means that when I commit the prefab to Perforce and someone else checks it out, the prefab is just empty. Only when you close Unity does it actually save the prefab.

Does anyone know how I can prevent this behaviour? I want Unity to save prefabs when I save them, not on exit!

Using: Unity 3.5 Pro, prefabs and scenes to Force Text, metafiles.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Try saving the project and see if that circumvents having to quit Unity to force the prefab save. This ultimately sounds like a bug though and it would be appreciated if you filed a bug report on this.

3. ThomHurks

ThomHurks

Thanks! Using Save Project does indeed save the prefabs. This is not really what I would expect as a user, so I will create a bug report about this.

4. pajamajama

pajamajama

Ooooh. Reviving an old thread here, but this bug is still happening in Unity 5.5. Did you ever submit a bug report? What is the ticket number?
    Thank you!